Jolly's new start....another diary!!

Options

Comments

• Jolly2009
    Jolly2009 Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Fresian - def the same as you. No money so concentrating on home. Enjoying it too :D

I am hoping if I can stay organised that my attempts of making/saving money will be better. I am useless if I don't keep organised.

I guess this is a money saving - getting more organised - lose weight diary to be honest. A bit of everything. Healthy eating starts from tomorrow....wish me luck . Heres to a 2009 lifestyle change for me :j
    No spend days for March = 3
    Money to joint savings 2009 = £100.00
    Money to personal savings 2009 = £0.00
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Just a quick post whilst at work, had to get my excitment out.....overtime available both Sat and Sun this weekend - that's an extra 15hrs pay in February already :j

Can't beleive I am getting so excited about overtime but I am :D
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jolly2009 wrote: »
    Just a quick post whilst at work, had to get my excitment out.....overtime available both Sat and Sun this weekend - that's an extra 15hrs pay in February already :j

Can't beleive I am getting so excited about overtime but I am :D
    I'm doing 6 hours overtime this week and I'm flipping thrilled! Six hours is what I have committed to, but if I can do more I will :D
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Hey,

We are mad loving the fact that we are working more hours - every penny helps though!

Ok, after a poor start yesterday (think it was because first day back at work properly) I need to kick myself in the backside. Things to do today.....
    • Clear and tidy kitchen
    • Write and send 3 bday cards
    • Work out/write meal plan for the rest of the week
    • Tidy round living room
    • Tidy round bedroom
    • NSD
    • Go for run - at least 30mins
    Thankfully working from home today so no 2/3hr commute to London today - could get used to this! Also less spends on travel = more money in savings :j

Have a good day xx
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Another day done, thankfully worked from home today so no travelling. Love working from home but hate the fact that I have the freedom of the kitchen and all it's many chocolates still lurking from Christmas....not good for my already growing wasteline. Must be better!!!

Have managed to
    • Clear and tidy kitchen
    • Write and send 3 bday cards (well written them!)
    • Tidy round living room
    • Tidy round bedroom
    • NSD :j
    Just need to make myself go for that run but it is so so cold out there at the moment, not sure I could face it....so bad of me I know.

I'm just itching for payday firstly to see how much overtime I get paid and secondly so I can start working out a way to save as much as possible. From other post I have read, I think I am going to work out what I have left and then work myself out a weekly budget. At the moment I am aiming for a budget of £50 per week to pay for everything including food, petrol etc. So anything left over from salary less budgeted amounts and normal bills goes straight to savings on pay day. I am also going to put any money left from each £50 weekly budget into savings rather than adding it to the following weeks budget.

I really hope that this will help me plan better for events and not eat into any overtime I make either. Roll on the 15th :j

• Jolly2009
    Options
    I'm so annoyed :mad: Just wrote a lovely long post and the site automatically logged me out. So frustrating!!!!

Anyhow, it'll have to wait until tomorrow as I am too tired to write it all again.

Did manage to go for my run :T Feel so much better for it and hoping for a good nights sleep now. Have joined in the running club thread for some helpful tips, hopefully it will keep me motivated and i'll keep it up.

Update on the rest tomorrow....I need sleep!
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Ok quick post for aims of today.....
    • General tidy about of kitchen
    • Another run
    • Menu plan for the remainder of the week (didn't do yesterday)
    • NSD
    Not a lot else planned for today, taking it easy :D think I may aim to be in bed by 10pm tonight too....so tired for some reason.
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Oh and a no chocolate day....must be good!!
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Right plan of action as of payday 15th January....

In a bid to become better with money, budgeting, saving and anything else I have come up with a plan of action. I have used ideas from others threads and ways that they have dealt with managing money. So.....

Once paid, pay out/account for all standard payments such as household, mobile and debts, travel to work etc. Then work out how may saturdays there are before my next pay day and account for withdrawl of £50 for each of these Saturdays. This is going to be my weekly budget from now on.

Anything left after the above will go straight to savings account. I will then aim to live off of £50 per week - this has to pay for food, toiletries, hair cuts, birthdays, social events and basically any other cost of living.

I am planning on budgeting about £5 per week of this money towards savings for different things and am going to sort 5 envelopes/jars (what ever I can find) and start putting a little bit each week into one of them - probably something like this
    • bithdays
    • christmas
    • haircuts
    • misc
    I am hoping that if I do this then when and as things come up I can use some from what I have saved and some of my weekly budget and therefore cutting the impact from my weekly budget.

I am hoping that this will teach me to organise and manage my money better and also how to save for things (even the small things) rather than just putting on a credit card!

Hope this all makes sense??? I will be logging every pay day my workings and then every day my budget/spends each week. Hopefully I will be well on my way to sorting my debts by the end of the year :j
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Online banking check...had odd £2.05 (I like round figures!!) in account balance so have transferred towards lump sum payment balance now £22.77. May not be much but as they say every penny helps :D

By way, have changed signature to 'lump sum pay' rather than finishing dmp early as planning to have enough to go make a lump sum and go back to normal managing of debts myself sometime in 2010....must work harder towards that lump sum! I can do it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills