PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread - Monday 22nd December

Options

Comments

• taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

Catowen - :hello: I hope your DS is feeling better today, fingers crossed thats its not tonsillitus x

(((hugs))) to smoky, Beth, Tristan, Mioliere's LO and everyone else who nees one x

This morning I am doing a 2 hour cleaning job for an elderly lady then when I get home dying my hair before a trip off to get my nails done - they are a very deep black cherry colour with silver sparkly bits on too!

Today i need to do the ironing, got 1 load of washing on the line, 1 in the machine and have stripped the bed too.
    We finished the shopping yesterday but need a bit more paper.
    I'm working tomorrow and Christmas eve so its my fnal day for getting ready really.

Hope you all have a good day x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Squishy
    Squishy Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone - long time no post! :p

Well, today is the first day of my christmas holidays - yay! Have been quite productive already for a change too. OH has been taken in to work, and I've collected a prescription (such a long line of people waiting to check in for appointments at the surgery!), and made some phone calls. Now I am taking the chance to sit down with my breakfast (tea and toasted muffins today).

Once I've finished, I'll be putting the WM on, and getting the DW ready to go on afterwards. I have a feeling that after a bit of a clearout I'll be going to the dump as well this morning. So that will probably take a chunk of the morning. :D I might brave a couple of shops this afternoon - we'll see how the car parking situation is :rotfl: I think it might be pasta for tea tonight, so that will be nice and quick to make.

*hugs* to all, take or leave as you please.....
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Hi Guys!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((smokey))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Not been too well the last couple of days and feeling a little sorry for myself. Looking forward to going away next week though.

Is it me, or does it not feel like Xmas:confused: .....feels weird this year!

OH is doing the chores this morning. WM has been put on and DW has been on and emptied. It seems to be working ok atm with not having the extra help but OH is getting tired and will need to reasess (sp) in the new year.

DD has done her room, cleaned her fish out and the hamster. Yesterday she did the car and charged £5:rolleyes:....she wants to get a Saturday job in an animal centre/vet etc, but am unsure at 14 whether she will be covered by insurance:confused: ....she is willing to volunter just so she can gain experiance and put in her CV for 6th form and Uni. She still has her Zoo portfolio which she has been doing for 4 years and has some great pictures and stories of animals she has watched from babies to present.

Mum sent us a cheque for Xmas, not very personal but thats mum:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am rambling.

Take care everyone.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Belated Happy Birthday for Purple Ivy:beer:
    Hugs to Beth and family,Miolieres little cousin, Tristan,Smoky and the kids ,Catowens DS and all those who are feeling unwell or under the weather
    Well kids are at my mums so house is quiet:j took the dogs for a walk but had to cut it short as there is a bloke who walks a very large staffie with no collar or lead and it terrorizes all the local dog walkers so we came back as soon as we had done what was needed.
    Washed the blind in the bathroom but think i will have to get a new one in the new year as it is one of the cheap aluminum ones from ikea i soaked it in the bath in washing powder and rinsed it and some of the slats are now bent oh well at least its clean
    Today I am off to the dump as we have no refuse collection till 02/01 so need to take as much as i can before xmas eve then off to the veg shop to put my order in for xmas eve pop into town to pay some checks in and pick the kids up from my mum.
    Have a good day
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning all. After yesterday's much laziness (well I did knit while I sat on the sofa....when I wasn't asleep!) I need to get general pottering done to leave the house clean and tidy before we go away. Also finish petit fours/sweets as well. SHould keep me busy.

THanks for all the lovely wishes yesterday and little cake pictures. I've just realised I didn't have a birthday cake, but have to say it was such a lovely day I didn't miss it at all. DD phoned from Mexico (is there for 6 months of gap year) and she would be the one who would normally fix cake for me.

Have a productive day everyone....
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Options
    Morning all,

((((((betheebee, taplady & smokey)))))) As Donny-Gal said very well, there is nothing more OS than neighbours supporting each other - and I always see us all as virtual neighbours.
    Squishy & Dazi, good to see you both :) Dazi, hope you enjoy "coming home" over Xmas!
    Catowen, we're planning to go & see 4 Christmases on Xmas Eve, so let me know if it's rubbish!! Hope your DS feels better soon.
    Tru - got the gossip yet?? And I agree, taking children out at that time of the morning to a burning car...?!? Bizarre.... I like today's carol too, a really festive song.
    Halight, gosh you reminded me I need to get a few "special" cards like that too.

I fancy making some shortbread today - can take it to my little sister's in Bognor tomorrow then. So easy to just bung it in the food processor & whip it up :) Also need to check the cupboards & see what I need in the way of shopping (not much). Never did get the sheets washed yesterday so that will be happening today - I love fresh outdoor-dried sheets on my bed :)

(((((((hugs)))))) for everyone else feeling poorly or going through tough times.
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Beth, you must share with us, good news or bad, we will always support each other, Hugs to you and your db's and sil, thinking of you all xx

Smoky, nice to see you posting, this will be a difficult christmas for you, but keep popping on here, we will all be there for you xx

Hugs to all those feeling ill, hope you all get better for the big day xx

Got the wm on, and will hang it out for the fresh smell, not sure how much it will dry. DD and I are off to finish the Xmas food shopping, we have four shops to visit to get the best offers, so we will be out for most of the day.

Will have a quick tea, might do jacket spuds for OH and me, and pasta for dd, something quick anyway, I have some chicken to use us, so might make corronation chicken.

Tomorrow I will have a good clean through, dd is off to her nans to make chocs, so will have the whole day free.
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Thank you for your kind words and support, sorry I was a bit down last night. DB2 has to have another growth removed, he didn't tell me when we were down visiting because he didn't want to spoil our time with him, he phoned last night in a frightfull state.
    Wish I could take away all of his worries.

SMOKEY, What a lovely bunch of workmates you are.
    Am I right in thinking that this is your 2nd Christmas without Eric. I seem to remember that you went abroad for Christmas last year. Even so, it must be a dificult time for you and the LO's. (((((((thinking of you)))))))))

Well time marches on and I have so much to do, another ironing pile to attack, bm to put on, must make some more truffles to go into DD1 and DD2's hampers. I bought 2 wicker baskets for £6 and lined them with gingam cloth, so far I have filled them with HM pickled eggs and onions, chutney, mince plait, fudge, cherries in brandy syrup, sloe gin and a christmas cake.

Bed stripped and re-made and sheets on the line.
    Well must get a move on. Hope today is a kind one for all. x
  • wannabe_sybil
    Options
    Little bear is a little bit under the weather. This makes him speed up. Evil cat is in hiding.

Poor evil cat is really not happy about her new diet, prescribed by the vet for her kidney problems. There is not that much to her - she is just fluff and malice and she is just picking at her food. What with the increased liveliness of little bear and the unacceptable rations (she is only supposed to have 40g per day, which is more than she would normally eat but significantly less than she would demand be put down) she is not a happy evil cat. We have broken a tradition and got her a catnip toy for Christmas. Dear heart has always said that evil cat gets Christmas presents when she acts like a Christian. This year we are making an exception. Mind you, acting like a Christian covers a wide spectrum of behaviours - witch craft trials, crusades, reigns of terror... Yes, I think she is acting like a Christian, just not a very good one.

My sister in law is coming round tonight. We are having a takeaway. I can already feel deep gloom descending. She does adore little bear, however, which means a lot. So I suppose I need to polish the underside of the carpet, and all that goes with that. Our carpet would be rejected by non-organic pigs as being far too elderly and stained. I suppose I need to try and get it presentable. And all the other bits, but they are relatively easy. You know, dusting cloth or stardrops.

Well, out of this deep pit of self inflicted gloom and despondency, hugs to all especially those who have real problems.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: Hi all, can I join in? I'm usually working hard, but I've wound down too early!

Catowen - get your son some echinacia - it always cleared up my tonsilitis and keeps colds etc away too. Entirely natural capsules from Holland & Barrett etc!

Hugs to everyone and Christmas wishes. I don't know most people on here!

C xx

(Donnygal - hope you enjoy the three bird roast - we had it a few Sundays back and it was pretty good!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure