PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Money Saving recipes for Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Rattykat wrote: »
    Anyone got any good cheap SW reciepes (or even better weekly menu!) please?

As this has fallen from the front page of OS, I'll add it to the existing thread of frugal SW recipes ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Nitha
    Nitha Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    I could do with some ideas for extra easy recipes. I'm going to do the good old spag bol (now with lean lean mince - woohoo), but other than that I'm pretty stumped.
    Taking baby-steps :beer:
  • Queen-Bee_2
    Options
    Hello - has anyone got any ideas for good slimming world recipes for red (original) days?
    QB
  • wanttobeasaver
    Options
    Hi, This is just my second weel on the plan but cheap meals.........some leeks & potatoes with a stock cube & green pepper makes leek & potatoe soup for little over £1.50 & lasts a few days for a main meal & snacks...

also mince with loads of carrots ,mushrooms & onoins added is also cheap.........

I also cook loads of veg (stirfry ) add garlic to taste then i add boiled rice another cheapie u can buy in cheap isle in supermarkets the veg that is & they are vok 4 a few days.........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Save 1500 - (Monzo Card Pot by Dec 2021) 1020/1500 
    12 NSD MAY 3/12
    Lose 21lb by July .......................4 /21LB 
  • Queen-Bee_2
    Queen-Bee_2 Posts: 828 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello - another request... Green days leave me hungry, and I am also trying to eat more protein...

Has anyone got any MSE ideas for Red (Original) day meals?
    Thanks
    QB
  • topsyhenri
    Options
    Anyone doing slimming world?

My MIL gave us loads of slimming world books and me and OH have just started doing it, but my gosh its expensive to do properly.

Anyone got any ideas for doing it a bit more affordably? We really need to lose some weight :o
  • MrsBartolozzi
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2829582

The slimming world thread is here, over on the health and beauty board. Several of the OSers contribute over there and there are loads of recipes and questions about recipes are always welcome.
    I hope you find what you are looking for there.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • topsyhenri
    Options
    Oh brill, thank you! :)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    We have an OS SW thread too :) I'll merge this later.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • katycocoa
    katycocoa Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    I've started slimming world and have been trying to come up with meal ideas. Last night I cooked some pollock fillets in the oven (tesco value frozen), then flaked the fish into a batchelors curry rice. I had it with a dollop of mushy peas on the side. Sounds odd but was really tasty and free on SW (fish was HE). I only ate half of what I made and will eat the leftovers tonight.

Cost-

Pollock: £2 for 6 fillets. I used one per portion, so 33p
    Rice: 25p (but could make your own a lot cheaper with spices)
    Mushy Peas: Had 1/3 of a can so approx 7p

So, 65p per meal

This would be nice (and healthier) with extra veggies added, which I will probably do next time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure