PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Money Saving recipes for Slimming World

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    For those that do SW - Morrisons has an offer on whole fresh chickens at the moment. I picked up two this morning both of them under £3 (one is now in the freezer), I shall dry roast it and take the skin off (I am not keen on the skin anyway) and have the breast meat with veg and gravy, I will make up a tv dinner which I can freeze, the legs can go into a casserole and the carcass can be slung in a pot of water on the stove (with herbs, seasoning and chopped veg) and cooked until the bones are clean. I take them out and continue cooking and might add spuds or cornflour to thicken it or a splash of milk as a cream substitute and serve the rest as soup.
  • ooops
    ooops Posts: 86 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    thats great ideas guys, thanks.

I normally shop at Tesco after work, but there is a Lidl a bit further down the road, but I would have to go to Tesco too as there are some things that Lidl don't do. I will be good and go shopping at Lidl first, then Tesco next.

I'm finding the quality of fresh food can be very poor at the moment from Tesco. I was cross after treating us to a pork shoulder joint for Sunday roast last week, but there was so much fat throughout the meat that it couldn't be eaten. After going to all the trouble to make the roast, I had to put the whole joint in the bin. Does anyone know what the fresh meat is like in Lidl? Also, are Tesco Value goods cheaper than Lidl ones?

Thanks
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    ooops wrote: »
    thats great ideas guys, thanks.

I normally shop at Tesco after work, but there is a Lidl a bit further down the road, but I would have to go to Tesco too as there are some things that Lidl don't do. I will be good and go shopping at Lidl first, then Tesco next.

I'm finding the quality of fresh food can be very poor at the moment from Tesco. I was cross after treating us to a pork shoulder joint for Sunday roast last week, but there was so much fat throughout the meat that it couldn't be eaten. After going to all the trouble to make the roast, I had to put the whole joint in the bin. Does anyone know what the fresh meat is like in Lidl? Also, are Tesco Value goods cheaper than Lidl ones?

Thanks

Shoulder pork is always a bit fatty - but you didn't need to bin it - you could have just synned it; certainly better than throwing it away.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport