PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Money Saving recipes for Slimming World

Options

Comments

• larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My local one is like "Fat Fighters" off Little Britain. The girl/woman who runs it drove me up the wall. She really was like a Julie Walters/Victoria Wood characters.

Also what p**d me off was every week it was raffle tickets, sponsoring someone or other for some reason - swimming, walking etc. and just sitting around going on and on about food - well lets just say I am not a Slimming club kind of girl!!!

I do concede though that of all the diet clubs, Slimming World is the best kind of diet and it is true that you need never be hungry. It can be expensive though to vary your diet. I remember the woman chiding me about the fruit I was eating, when there were so many exotic ones you could buy. Excuse me but I am not on an exotic wage....!!!!!!!!! I have been and stopped many times and always tell myself that £4.00 or whatever it is now could be spent on healthy fruit and veg :)

Anyway, good luck to all you slimmers out there and to this day I do like some of the recipes and my son and I particularly like the sin free chips :)

PS My friend had a mate who lost tons of weight very cheaply. Guess what she ate every night of the week. A packet of instant mash, eggs fried in frylight, and tinned spaghetti or beans!!!!!!!!!!
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most of you probably all know it anyway, but just in case someone doesn't there's a thread on the I wanna board where other kind members post slimming world 's online password every week: please help slimming world online password needed

Pink
  • EMPTY_PURSE_5
    Options
    For a quick tea on a green day (thats the only day I use as cant get head round red days)

Chicken breast sliced then placed in freezer/sandwich bag with a sachet of Shotz (cajun or barbecue chicken) leave for 20 minutes or so.

Spray wok with fry light then add chicken to cook.
    Add straight to wok noodles some spinach and cherry tomatoes, mushrooms etc (any veg does the biz .... within reason)

This is my staple diet cos cant think of anything else to make thats quick and isnt overloaded with fat etc.

most lunches consist of mug shots

Hope this gets a few taste buds tingling.

Millie xxxxx
    No Signature Required ......
  • honey28
    honey28 Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Made the slimming world chips, fried egg and baked beans for tea tonight. Husband could hardly believe it was all free!!!
  • freyaluck
    freyaluck Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    This is something I always used to make and they are yummy.
    boil some lasagne sheets until cooked/soft. Place on a frylighted tray with salt/spices something for a bit of flavour, pop in a hot oven for a couple of mins, but becareful cos they burn quick, take out when crisp and eat with tamato dip- tin of chopped toms,very fine chopped onions garlic and some mixed herbs all bung in a sauscepan and cooked until soft.
    they really are scrummy.
    baked bean cottage pie was another tin of beans lots of veg and potato on top stuck in the oven for 1/2 hour and voila.
    you lot have inspiered (sp) me to get back on track thankyou, now will people plese stop posting cake and bisquit recipes :p
    Saving for the future of the earth
  • amazon_spice
    amazon_spice Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    Options
    Try here for lots of SW recipes.

http://groups.msn.com/HealthyRecipeClub

I am a manager of the group and SW devotee. Lost my weight successfully with SW - with limited budget - got ill - put it back on and have had to start again!!! Hey Ho!!!

AB.
  • honey28
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Freya, think i might try that out tomorrow, have some lasagne sheets lying in cupboard, have been looking at them for ages wondering, (apart from lasagne ;) ) what to do with them. Thanks

For dessert tonight I had a bowl of grapes, strawberries and kiwi, topped with a vanilla muller yogurt and some cinnamon - all free and totally yummy!
  • calmgirl
    calmgirl Posts: 604 Forumite
    Options
    thought i had posted but obviously not! basically I used to do slimming world and lost about 2 stone but 2 more babies later I now need to lose about 5 stone. I cant afford to go to class and I dont have my book anymore. Is there any way of getting a list of the healthy extras and how many you can have when you are breastfeeding. if anyone can help I would be really grateful, thanks
    Money's too tight to mention!!!
  • honey28
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    calmgirl - If you register on the slimming world website you can get all the details. You can keep an online food diary and it tells you what healthy extras you are allowed. The password changes each week, this weeks is "healthy" - its normally posted on the " i wanna..lose weight" board each week. Ive just joined and have the books so if there is anything else you want to know just pm me and I'll look it up
    Good Luck ;)
  • calmgirl
    calmgirl Posts: 604 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks so much honey I will go and have a look! Good luck to you also
    Money's too tight to mention!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income