Cheap theatre ticket discussion

Options
12346»

Comments

• Just found this website that offers discount theatre tickets (Last Second Tickets .com . They had some Rock of Ages tickets for 50% off!
  • Claphamite
    Options
    With Christmas coming up, people might be thinking of giving theatre ticket vouchers or tokens as gifts. Be warned, they can vary greatly in flexibility.

My wife was given £50 worth of vouchers from Theatre Tickets Direct by our son. We found them almost impossible to use: the company's stock in trade is musicals, which we hate, and the theatre offerings did not include anything at the National Theatre, where we go most frequently.

The vouchers expire after 12 months, and the only way to book is by phone through the company, which charges a hefty booking fee. In most cases it seems to deal only in the most expensive tickets on offer. Eventually we found something rather than letting our son's £50 go to waste, but had to stump up another £20 or more ourselves.

Theatre Tokens from the Society of London Theatre seem to be a much better bet. They never expire, they are accepted by almost every theatre in London - and dozens more around the country - and you deal directly with the theatre rather than an agent. You can even use them at the half-price ticket booth in Leicester Square.
  • frankolad
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm hoping some lovely folk out there could advise me on where I could buy reasonable priced cheap theatre tickets in New York City at the beginning of March. Specifically wanting to see Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre Broadway. Any advice, website links, previous experiences would be appreciated please .... Many thanks, Frank :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure