Cheap theatre ticket discussion

Options

Comments

• BigB1
    Options
    Hi,have to agree with p00sticks re Ambassador Theatres.If you join as a Friend for £30.00 pa you get some great deals.On Tuesday we saw Dreamboats and Petticoats at the Playhouse for £22.00 each while the full price on ATG site was £52.50 each.My wife and 4 others are going to see South Pacific in the Theatre Royal in Glasgow on Monday 14/11/11 and have paid £25.50 per ticket instead of £35.50 for their seats.It is a good investment if you enjoy the theatre and are able to check out the best deals on offer at the venue you want to visit.We reckon that since she joined she
    has saved well over £100.00 on her theatre visits.Well worth checking out Ambassador Friends site.
  • Old_Bill
    Old_Bill Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Twitter users may find @BargainTheatre useful to follow http://twitter.com/#!/BargainTheatre Lots of West End offers and deals, discount codes etc and updated daily. They have have a blog too http://bvjonthtr.tumblr.com/ which has all the deals listed and reviews of shows.
  • mrdavidviner
    Options
    twitter @sebastianmead regularly has cheap albert hall tickets for sale. It's usually for the classical concerts rather than the pop ones but worth a look anyway.
  • ryan_n21
    Options
    I always use @BargainTheatre
  • summer1979
    Options
    Hi I want to purchase 3 tickets for a West End show either on 22, 23 or 24 February 2012.
    The shows I am interested in are Shrek, Mamma Mia, Wizard of Oz or Billy Elliot. We are on a budget, does anyone have any links for cheap tickets or discounts?
    Many thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options

No good for summer1979 though! (that offer you link to finishes on 10.2.12)
  • Turkishdreamer
    Options
    Not sure if this the right thread, apologies if not.

Have recently moved to Scotland and am looking for cheap theatre tickets for Glasgow or Edinburgh shows. Familiar with the many theatre sites for London, but can anybody suggest any to find the Scottish shows.

Many thanks in advance.
    MSE Addiction, should come with a health warning:money:
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,835 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure if this the right thread, apologies if not.

Have recently moved to Scotland and am looking for cheap theatre tickets for Glasgow or Edinburgh shows. Familiar with the many theatre sites for London, but can anybody suggest any to find the Scottish shows.

Many thanks in advance.

It looks like the Edinburgh Playhouse and several Glasgow theatres are part of the Abassadors group, so if you are likely to go quite a lot, then it might be worth investing £30 in a ATG theatre card, which gives you reduced price tickets (including often half price on opening nights) and other perks such a priority booking, no booking fees and discounts of interval drinks etc. As you can get reduced tickets for up to 4 people per show, I've found that you can usually recoupe the annual cost of the card in a single visit.

Details here

http://www.atgtickets.com/theatrecard/
  • jayss
    jayss Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    summer1979 wrote: »
    Hi I want to purchase 3 tickets for a West End show either on 22, 23 or 24 February 2012.
    The shows I am interested in are Shrek, Mamma Mia, Wizard of Oz or Billy Elliot. We are on a budget, does anyone have any links for cheap tickets or discounts?
    Many thanks

Wizard of Oz, Billy Elliot and Shrek all have dayseats,
    Around £25-30 each, buy on the day when the box office opens is the usual way. You might need to queue a bit earlier, best to check with each theatre what the current policy is, some are credit card only. Its usually 2 per person so need 2 in the queue if you want 3 tickets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure