Taking legal action against Amway or IBS

Options

Comments

• Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I did a quick google and found this

http://www.thetruthaboutquixtar.com/index.php/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,91/func,view/catid,28/id,3595/

While most changes in other markets have been carried out gradually around the world according to our timetable, we need to move more quickly here. This is in response to serious concerns raised about Amway by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) following the receipt of complaints about BSMs and misrepresentation of the business to prospective IBOs.

Also this
    http://www.amquix.info/amvio_uk.html

http://www.webraw.com/quixtar/

• changkra
    changkra Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Poppycat, I shall be reading up on this :)
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    What's the website for International Business Systems? I can't find it now....
  • djbd1973
    Options
    What's the website for International Business Systems? I can't find it now....

Its been taken off, along with the Scrivens and the Butlers website.

What goes around comes around....
    Gordon Brown ate my hamster
  • MickKnipfler
    Options
    djbd1973 wrote: »
    Its been taken off, along with the Scrivens and the Butlers website.

What goes around comes around....

What's their official line to the IBS people left high and dry?
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options

How about "You didn't work hard enough" or " you didn't dream big enough" ...."so it's all your own fault".

Amazing how failures are always the mug's, sorry affiliate's fault.
  • djbd1973
    Options

I am not sure but all IBS functions are off because of the legal ramifications.
  • globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    Options
    I've been involved in the set ups for this "show" in the past, at Telford international centre.Cheap is the first word that comes to mind .Everything is re-used from show to show .even the stage carpet and the banner they used ."Together as one" was literally full of holes .
    As an outsider with only the way they arranged their show and behaved on site ,to form my opinion,I would say they were trying to make money selling old rope .
    The other hall was devoted entirely to selling their Training material or dispalys ...The only stand that Didn't look like it fitted was an Evesham computer stand ...It would be interesting to now what there involvement is with IBS...
    I will probably get a whole heap of abuse for this next description ..But most of the people attending had that desperate look ,the kind you see on poor folk in churches who think that intense effort and unwaivering belief will make what they wish for real ..Just another group of Happy Clapppers ,Praying to a different God.
  • djbd1973
    Options
    globalds wrote: »
    I will probably get a whole heap of abuse for this next description ..But most of the people attending had that desperate look

I remember towards one of the last functions I attended about 7 years ago, one of the directs, who were in our upline, came up to me at the first break to say 'don't forget to buy your ticket for next month, they are selling fast, its going to be really big'. I was always one of the first to get a ticket and had already got one at that point, and the next month the place was only fractionally full as it was the previous month. That was desperate and I didn't particularly enjoy having someone tell me the opposite to what was going on when it was obvious.

A bit like when I worked at a company where the Directors kept saying everything was fine right up to the point where the baliff came up to ask me if I could tell him the make of my computer for his inventory.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport