Comments

• spam.jam
    spam.jam Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i've been doing this as well!

hiya
    how much have you saved so far?x
    Proud to be dealing with my debts Nerd #992 LBM 30.06.08 Debt [strike]£3292[/strike] £1646 (50% paid, all interest free) Sealed pot member #434 £65.09 & Virtual sealed pot member #001 £82.07+£33.04+£112.83=£227.94 Gave up smoking 30.01.09 DfDay 01.12.09 :wink: Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful (sell it instead)
  • southern_chick
    Options
    what a good idea, the £'s and p's wont really be missed but will really add up over the year. good luck on Friday, don't forget to let us all know how you get on

SC XX
    slowly working towards being MF one small over payment at a time :T
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    spam.jam wrote: »
    hiya
    how much have you saved so far?x
    well i only started on the 5th when i got paid, but i have £22 in my online savings account now.

so good to see a bank acount without the minus sign attached to it! lol
  • spam.jam
    Options
    southern chick - thank you and I will let you know ;-)
    littlepinkstars44 - wow thats cool already, and you are right about the dreaded '-' sign, I think I have become alllergic to it. Do you have a time you will cash in your savings? for anything nice? and do you have an amount you are aiming for? Im aiming to save at least the £260 by dec 1st '09, but I would like to build on that with ebay earnings and daily clicks and quidco etc
    Proud to be dealing with my debts Nerd #992 LBM 30.06.08 Debt [strike]£3292[/strike] £1646 (50% paid, all interest free) Sealed pot member #434 £65.09 & Virtual sealed pot member #001 £82.07+£33.04+£112.83=£227.94 Gave up smoking 30.01.09 DfDay 01.12.09 :wink: Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful (sell it instead)
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    spam.jam wrote: »
    southern chick - thank you and I will let you know ;-)
    littlepinkstars44 - wow thats cool already, and you are right about the dreaded '-' sign, I think I have become alllergic to it. Do you have a time you will cash in your savings? for anything nice? and do you have an amount you are aiming for? Im aiming to save at least the £260 by dec 1st '09, but I would like to build on that with ebay earnings and daily clicks and quidco etc
    well i'm hoping that i can buy some items from the MAC hello kitty collection in March with it (huge make up junkie lol)
    Then after that the savings will go towards either a holiday or deposit on first flat!
  • spam.jam
    Options
    well i'm hoping that i can buy some items from the MAC hello kitty collection in March with it (huge make up junkie lol)
    Then after that the savings will go towards either a holiday or deposit on first flat!

good for you, its nice to spoil yourself sometimes. im saving for my daughters next xmas
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Options
    I think it's a good idea :T
    I do something similar, but my savings is my emergancy fund:o
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • juicygirl
    Options
    This is a great idea. Unfortunately I am not in a position to join in at the moment - may be next year :rolleyes: .

Anyway, just wanted to say that I do the same (but in reverse) to pay off the credit card I have with my bank. It's amazing how every little helps cos the balance on this card is going down so much quicker than my other two.

Good luck with this xxx
  • spam.jam
    Options
    I think it's a good idea :T
    I do something similar, but my savings is my emergancy fund:o

hiya
    im putting away a little bit in another account for emergencies as well, i count that as a proper household expense, only £8 per week but its at £152 at the mo, i think you have to when youve got littluns
  • spam.jam
    Options
    juicygirl wrote: »
    This is a great idea. Unfortunately I am not in a position to join in at the moment - may be next year :rolleyes: .

Anyway, just wanted to say that I do the same (but in reverse) to pay off the credit card I have with my bank. It's amazing how every little helps cos the balance on this card is going down so much quicker than my other two.

Good luck with this xxx

hiya juicygirl
    thats how im going to address my tax credit debt, i have agreed to pay £20 a week with them but im going to add a percentage of my ebay earnings to clear it quicker too. i will keep my eye out for you if you want to join in next year, good luck.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure