IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking Tickets discussion

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    rockdjuk wrote: »

After reading posts on here i decided to ignore all subsequent correspondance , however i have just recived a letter from a debt collection agency (roxburghe) which is based in surrey (originally letters came from sheffield) demanding i pay £160 (original debt was £80)

They say that if i dont pay the will pass the matter to their solicitors (graham white) who will review my case for potential legal action.

Should I just ignore this letter as well ???[/QUOTE]

Yep, ignore.

AFAIK you are near the end of your scam letters as I think they may throw in the towel after their 'debt collector' and 'solicitor' letter headings fail to impress/scare you enough to pay.

Same answer to everyone else who has a private parking ticket. Don't be surprised or scared of each letter as it arrives and looks like they are threatening Court. That's all they can/will do, threaten Court - they won't actually take you to Court.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • adouglasmhor
    Options
    Ignore Graham White are a known cowboy outfit too.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Ignore Graham White are a known cowboy outfit too.
    Are they real solicitors or pretending to be a firm? If the latter they need reporting to the SRA.
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    They are real but are also chancers.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    missrlr wrote: »
    I have PCN for parking allegedly in an "unauthorised manner" I have been advised by Trading Standards that the best course of action is to follow complaints (did that been told to naff off effectively) then pay under protest by cheque which if they cash I can use to reclaim money by small claims court.

Everything here is saying do not communicate, yet the powers that be are saying do .....

I would strongly deprecate the advice you received from Trading Standards.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    Our latest letter arrived this morning saying they are selling the debt to Bailiffs:eek: which is a bit scary......if they do this can we expect avisit from them? or are they officers of a court only?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    Our latest letter arrived this morning saying they are selling the debt to Bailiffs:eek: which is a bit scary......if they do this can we expect avisit from them? or are they officers of a court only?

They are lying. They are not selling the debt to bailiffs. They are selling it to debt collectors, who have no more power than you or I to demand money off people.

Bailiffs (who are officers of the court) only come into play after the case goes to the County Court, the judgement is found to be against you and you refuse to pay the sum decided by the judge. This will never happen. So just hang on their, and ignore any subsequent letters.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • I received through the post a parking charge notice. No tickets were on my car. The fine if for £65 from a company called FlashPark. Do you have any details on this company. I have sent off a representation and awaiting reply
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I received through the post a parking charge notice. No tickets were on my car. The fine if for £65 from a company called FlashPark. Do you have any details on this company. I have sent off a representation and awaiting reply

You have made a slight error by contacting the company. From now on just ignore any more correspondence from them. You will get a few threatening letters, but they are hollow threats and eventually they will lose interest and go and annoy somebody else.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Clarice - try the search facility, and you will find that they are known.

Read a little further on this board, and you will see that your case is exactly like everyone else's.

I have no doubt that you will be back shortly when Flashpark turn down your "appeal". That's because there IS NO appeal. Think about it. They are in the business of making money. It would be a poor business that says they don't want you to pay.

Hopefully the number of other threads on this board will put your mind at rest.

I'd recommend that you make no further contact with Flashpark.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure