PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sarahsarah
    Options
    Hello, I'm just wondering if someone can tell me when the thread for the January GC starts? Just cos I want to do my "big" Jan shop on the 31st as I'll need milk anyway so don't want to go twice just to fit in with the thread :-P
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Sarah, Pink will usually start the new thread on 28th ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • queen_of_string
    Options
    had a little wander round somerfield earlier, was passing so would be rude not to, lots of lovely whoopsies, nothing I need but stuff for the freezer and to make soup. Almost compensates for not making it to MrA for the xmas eve reductions. Still on target here and really pleased about that. Ended up making mince pies and cookies yesterday while DS played guitar hero 4, had a lovely peaceful time in the kitchen baking stuff that filled up the oven, took the cookies out to his gf in the evening and they all went. I love feeding people home made food :-D very satisfying.
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm declaring at £130 this month and want a target of £130 next month please Mrs M:D :D
    Hope you've all had a fab Xmas and have a restful boxing day, I will:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    hello everyone long time no see i fell off the band wagon a few months back:o so i'll like to come back if you'll have me ... if any of remember i had ectopic in may but glad to report happy news as im 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow so getting my booty in gear and get myself sorted... so here goes again Mrs m put me down for £150 for Jan pretty please xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think i might start withdrawing £130 a month from the bank and seeing if I can whittle my GC spends down that way, or will I spend it all at once?Decisions decisions...................:confused::confused: :rolleyes:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • frugalswan
    Options
    After failing this month (being very, very busy and just generally non OS :( ) I'm back in for January, and looking forward to reducing my grocery bill. I'd like to put myself down for £160 please for January please, Mrs M. :)

x Frugalswan x
    Continually trying the Grocery Challenge. Gotta keep trying!
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Searching Me :j :j :j

Congratulations on your lovely news :T

Hope everyone else has had a good xmas -bet there are loads of leftovers destined for great things in January :rotfl:
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This morning I woke up and the first thing I said to my OH was " Wow, I think this will be my fourth nsd" - he looked at me like I needed locking up! I haven't spent anything today though so I was thankfully right. Hope you are all having a good one. Congratulations Searching Me.
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    congratulations:j Searching Me:j thats wonderful news

I'm really pleased with Dec, my Xmas shop cost £94 but I had £87 in nectar points so only parted with £7:j :D

Have added up all receipts now and finishing December with the grand total of £206 considering I have lost the plot over the last few months I'm really pleased, way under my £300 budget.

MrsM please put me down for £300 for January 09
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport