PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Sylvan
    Sylvan Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could slice the chicken breast and the peppers, chop the potato into small cubes and fry them together (do you have onion, ginger, garlic or summat like worcestershire sauce that you can add?), or dip them into the egg and then into flour or breadcrumbs before frying.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.
    Money talks, but chocolate SINGS

"I used to be snow white but I drifted" (A seasonal quote from the incomparable Miss West)
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    OH just popped to Sainsburys local and got 3 TTD Fishpies (40p each), large TTD Shepherds Pie (40p), 2 lots of chicken thigh FR (30p), 12 packets of berries for smoothies (15p each and will be frozen), 2 x bread (20p Warburton), Sushi (20p) 3 x Tikka Massala Meals (20p each), 2 x TTD sausages (20p), scones (20p)....so about 19 main meals there and in all came to £8.97 as I needed a couple of other bits...yippee!!

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Free_in_Three
    Options
    :santa2: :santa2: Merry Christmas Everyone!

I have been ill with the vomitting flu thing that has been going around and OH has been living on takeaways so the budget has been well and truly blown. I am going to declare at £250.This includes £79 I spent in Mr S stocking up on store cupboard stuff to use my £9 off a £60 shop. I havent kept a track of exactly what we have spent this last week or so so this is a bit of a guesstimate.
    Please can you put me down for £200 for january. Hopefully this will be third month lucky for me and I will come in on budget.
    Annual GC £2500/£486.79 for 2 adults and 2 dogs
    Savings Target 2009 Lloyds Act £6000/£1200 Jars & pig for Christmas and holidays
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    :xmastree:Merry Christmas and an Old Style New Year to you all:xmastree:

:santa2: :snow_laug :xmassmile :rudolf: :xmassign: Penny :xmassign: :rudolf: :xmassmile :snow_grin :santa2:
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    02_merry_christmas.gif

have a good day everyone xxxxxx
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• mummy2mygirls
    Options
    Right i am Sooooo glad i have been doing well this mth and was well behind my target as i have been to mrt today and spent a FORTUNE!!!! £149.08 plus the £4.19 i spent the other day still brings me in well under target at £279.90!! yeah so even if i do go and get some bits before the new year i should make my target!!

Was Planning on lowering my target for jan to £250 and was worried i wouldnt be able to do it! but i will now try my best and see if i can.....the freezer will be nearly empty after xmas so will be needing lots....

Have a great christmas everyone. xxx
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j
  • philsmum
    Options
    :santa2:MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SPECIAL DAY :snow_laug
    Debt free from April 2012:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j
  • Money_saving_Diva_2
    Options
    merryxmas.gif
    everyone!!

:xmastree:

I just wanted to say that it has been really great to get to know all of you and to feel part of this thread. I might not have managed my budget well the last two months, but I know there is always hope and unlimited support on here for us all!

I wish you all a happy and loving Christmas holiday.:santa2:

festive hugs to everyone

Diva.x :xmassign:
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    nykmedia wrote: »
    Quick question for all you GC challengers - I stockpiled the litre bottles of savers 'brand' washing up liquid that the stores were selling for around 14p. However, my stockpile of this item has almost disappeared and I can't seem to find anymore. Have the stores all withdrawn it or is it just my local one? Depending on which store, it was priced around 13p to 15p for the big bottle. Help! Cheapest I can find here now is 50p :eek:

Oops! I forgot to write my next month's target in red, so here it is - NYK Media - £100 for January target :D

Well the only place I can find it now is my largish Co-op! cost of 19p so I buy 4 at a time.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Merry Christmas to one and all, the next best thing about christmas for the shopoholic in me is that the shops are shut so its my first nsd this week lol. thanks
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport