We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

who finds sealed money boxes helpful in saving money?

Options
13»

Comments

• Margaret54
    Options
    My husband and I always throw in our small coins(1p 2p and 5p coins) into a washed out ice cream container, out of sight and it fairly adds up and we then bag them all up and take to the bank. Especially the little 5p coins. We opened a regular saver account with our bank and we arranged to have £40 a month taken from our account into it, and also with the small coins going in it soon adds up so quickly. I get a lot of pleasure seeing it all add up and you really don't miss all that loose change at times. In saying this now, it was not aways like this. Many's a time we were looking down the back of the furniture to see and pray there was a pound coin for milk or a loaf years ago mind, but so thankful times like that are in the past. A pound coin can mean so much difference to someone who really has not much. I truly do know what it is like to be there.
    Do a little kindness every day.;)
  • (Land_of)_Maz
    (Land_of)_Maz Posts: 11,738 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still at the helpful pound coins stage... but we do bag all our 1/2/5ps for our daughters savings account, as you say soon mounts up.

we also chuck 10ps and 20ps in there too but they tend to get used up on a money for tuckshop basis, still handy to not have to go looking in my purse for it! as quite often it would be found wanting!

This year i started a sealed pot for 50ps, which i'll use for some noble cause in the summer...

not quite at the saving pound coins yet as they are very much a required tender in my purse!!!

just about coping with the demise of the 50p to the sealed pot!
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family