Free Letter From Santa (merged)

Comments

• I am on the parent/teacher committee for my son's school and for the last 3 years we have done letters from Father Christmas as a fund-raiser. We charged £1.50 this year and the letter includes the child's name, age and a friend/relative's name as well as the child's street name and village/town.
    We have done over 150 this year up to now and of course the money raised goes straight back into the school via books, equipment etc.
  • shazziere
    shazziere Posts: 558 Forumite
    is martin saying we need to send a self addressed envelope for the reply?or do we just send a stamp in the letter?
  • Shiggaddi
    Shiggaddi Posts: 938 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    On the subject of Santa Mail.

I work for Royal Mail, and my job is to read the mail, that the machines can't read, mainly handwritten stuff, and of course Santa Mail.

I have seen Santa mail come in all sorts of addresses, and if it's addressed to a foreign address, ie Lapland, or Greenland, then it gets sent there. Someone from Lapland send a reply back, but not sure what happens to Greenland. If it's addressed to the North Pole, Reindeerland etc then it gets sent to Belfast, and someone from the Belfast office opens the mail, and replies.

I started seeing Santa Mail this year since June!!!!
  • My kids have used this site for a fiew years now. They love it n get a letter(email) back every time. :xmassign:
  • garron
    garron Posts: 163 Forumite
    Nice one Martin, thanks :xmassign:
  • Shiggaddi wrote:
    On the subject of Santa Mail.

I work for Royal Mail, and my job is to read the mail, that the machines can't read, mainly handwritten stuff, and of course Santa Mail.

I have seen Santa mail come in all sorts of addresses, and if it's addressed to a foreign address, ie Lapland, or Greenland, then it gets sent there. Someone from Lapland send a reply back, but not sure what happens to Greenland. If it's addressed to the North Pole, Reindeerland etc then it gets sent to Belfast, and someone from the Belfast office opens the mail, and replies.

Out of curiousity Shiggaddi, would the Royal Mail reply to out-of-country letters to Santa? I've been trying to figure out how I could get Santa letters for my daughter from various countries (Canada, Australia, U.K., France and other postal services do this). If I included a SASE that had non-UK stamps would they use that? Or do I somehow have to get UK stamps? Also, where would I find out how much it would cost to send it to Canada from the U.K.?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for any help!

Oh yes, and another way to email Santa is, of course, at EmailSanta.com (which I help run for my jolly boss :santa2: ). Santa replies faster than red-nose reindeer fly (and its safe and very personalized too). I "elf-scout" promise that its the best site on the Net for emailing Santa :snow_laug

Merry Christmas all!

The Head Elf
    https://www.EmailSanta.com
  • Shiggaddi
    Shiggaddi Posts: 938 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    I'm not sure how much it costs to send letters from other countries to the UK. Might be an idea to look at the websites for the mail services in the countries.

I'm sure by putting an SAE with the correct postage to the UK should ensure a Santa reply, as all that needs to be done, is put their standard Santa letter in an a supplied envelope.

Don't know how to say Santa in French though!!

I'd also imagine you would be cutting it fine, in getting the letter abroad, and getting a reply back in time though (this is based on the fact that postcards I send from my holidays in Spain take a month to arrive, lol)
  • The Santa service Royal Mail provide is totally free and most people do get replies. If you are using the Royal Mail service any legible letter to Santa will receive one, but you are supposed to use a stamp like any other letter you send in the post! (The cost of a second class stamp is far cheaper than some of the other services people offer!)

I think this free service is excellent for less than 30p to put a smile on a child's face!

Thank You Royal Mail!
    :xmassign:
  • $17mma
    $17mma Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Our DD got her santa letter from Royal Mail this week and she was thrilled to bits! :snow_grin
    All it takes for evil to succeed is for a good man to do nothing!
  • annajo
    annajo Posts: 46 Forumite
    I usually get ideas off the internet and print off my own letter from father christmas for my 6 yr old godson(and the look on his face is well worth it).i use a different style of font and on the front of the envelope i usually put on that its been delivered by magic. The trick is to put it somewhere where the kids will find it without suspecting you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure