🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Next Directory

Options
is it possible to get a Next Directory without being credit searched? If not, which CRA do they use and how strict are they?

Comments

• stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Next Directory will search your credit file and I think they use Equifax
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Indeed, it is Equifax, and when you request a book they open you a credit account with (in my experience of looking through people's credit files) a £250 limit.

Only way to get a book without getting searched is to go and nick the one in the store that's stuck to the "get a directory" podium.
  • moneysavingallday
    Options

Only way to get a book without getting searched is to go and nick the one in the store that's stuck to the "get a directory" podium.

Thanks. That is what I'll do tomorrow (joke);)
  • amandajp_2
    Options
    Alternatively, if you just want a directory if you order from Next online (using an existing credit card) they send you a complimentary copy of the directory. Of course you will have to pay £3.95 postage as opposed to the £3.50 charge for the regular directory, but you won't be credit checked that way.

Amanda
  • moneysavingallday
    Options
    For some strange reason NExt are not upfront about the fact that by requesting a catalogue you are also agreeing to open a credit account.

I also read Next are owned by Littlewoods?
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Is it deffo Equifax? Do not need anymore searches to my experian....
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • londonuk2008
    Options
    I also read Next are owned by Littlewoods?[/quote]

Two different companies .
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Is it deffo Equifax? Do not need anymore searches to my experian....

It states on their website they will search CRA's none in specific
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000

• londonuk2008
    Options
    yeah Equifax - they somtimes do 'soft' searches on mine and also my OH applied few weeks ago - havent said that she still hasnt heard anything!
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    yeah Equifax - they somtimes do 'soft' searches on mine and also my OH applied few weeks ago - havent said that she still hasnt heard anything!
    Thanks....Did your OH get searched??

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills