PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

It is tough NOW. So how are we coping

Options

Comments

• kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well no washing for me today, still struggling with car repairs.:mad: Starting to get me down now, its harder cos its the car I am emotionally attached too, which I know sounds silly but I have had it since new and its been through all the bad times with me and never let me down, its probably been the most relaibale and stable thing in my life for a long time. So even though my head says its just a car, my heart is crying.
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ((hugs)) kidcat

I totally sympathise with you.... I bought a brand new car in August 1993, and after a few repairs (that had DH nagging me to change the car, but I kept pointing out a single repair cost less than one months repayments for a similar sized car in decent condition ;)) she finally gave up the ghost in May/June 2006 - though it was early August before she was towed off the drive.... and I was totally heartbroken to see her go :(

I do scrapbooking in my free time, and the chap who came to tow her thought I was nuts taking photos as he was getting her ready to go and leaving, but I've done a layout of the departure which certainly helped

gone-1.jpgnotforgotten-1.jpg
    Cheryl
  • Austin_Allegro
    Austin_Allegro Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cw18 wrote: »
    ((hugs)) kidcat

I totally sympathise with you.... I bought a brand new car in August 1992, and after a few repairs (that had DH nagging me to change the car, but I kept pointing out a single repair cost less than one months repayments for a similar sized car in decent condition ;))

She finally gave up the ghost in May/June 2006, though it was early August before she was towed off the drive - and I was totally heartbroken to see her go :(

I do scrapbooking in my free time, and the chap who came to tow her thought I was nuts taking photos as he was getting her ready to go and leaving, but I've done a layout of the departure which certainly helped

gone-1.jpgnotforgotten-1.jpg

LOL that's exactly like a friend of mine who kept his old banger going for about 20 years, it had previously belonged to his grandfather. When the big end went, he agonised over what to do, as if deciding to put down the family pet. Eventually he bought a replacement car but kept the old one on the drive for about 6 months because he couldn't bear to part with it! If he sees a similar model ever, he starts taking photos of it!
    'Never keep up with Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper.' Quentin Crisp
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can see me being just like that, I have already floated the idea of having it put into the back garden for the kids to play in!!
  • Austin_Allegro
    Austin_Allegro Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kidcat wrote: »
    I can see me being just like that, I have already floated the idea of having it put into the back garden for the kids to play in!!

Use it as a greenhouse/cold frame - common practice in the former eastern bloc I believe.
    'Never keep up with Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper.' Quentin Crisp
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    :mad: SHRIEK!!!!:mad: What is it about people and bonfires:confused: The first warm sunny day and they are out there setting fire to everything they possess:rolleyes: (well it seems like it) My lovely fresh and DRY washing now stinks because I didn't notice the smoke quickly enough. I know we live in the country but this seems to be the 'norm' around here. Nice sunny day......lovely Sunday afternoons......balmy evenings.....and YES it's bonfire time:confused: ....let's set fire to everything in sight:rolleyes: . Utterly frustrating:mad:

Sorry kidcat about your car, I hope you manage to get it sorted soon. Don't let it get you down (says she, who's letting everything get her down today)

High point of my day, one handful of homegrown Lettuce :j
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • marybishop
    marybishop Posts: 761 Forumite
    Options
    elizabunny - I know exactly how you feel! I've been ranting about people lighting bonfires in the middle of the day. As soon as the sun comes out off they all go! What happened to the unwritten rule of waiting til after 6pm or am I just showing my age!!
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    No, I don't think we are showing our age, just some common sense and consideration for others. The thing is, we wouldn't do it ourselves and so we don't expect it from others. Of course this thinking can be applied to many areas of our lives. Maybe that's why I 'm constantly surprised by some people's inability to be considerate, polite, caring etc. etc.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • marybishop
    marybishop Posts: 761 Forumite
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    We must be the only place that didnt get sunshine ..:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories