rags to riches (hopefully), my diary.

Options

Comments

• Pips_Mum
    Pips_Mum Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should know by now men are simple creatures!!:rotfl:
    Its DS1s birthday this week isnt it? Are you having a little party for him? Good plan reusing the bedding, our nursery is done in a jungle theme so again hoping it will last a few years.
    Its my OHs 30th on Thursday so got to pop out today and get a few last secret things so definately not a NSD today.
    Nice to see you on the sealed pot challenge thread, glad you decided to join:T
    Debt at LBM [strike]£17,544[/strike] :eek: £5700
    :TOver £14,000 PAID OFF :T

2020 the year of less - Less debt, less waste, less spending, less stuff, less stress!
  • ragstoricheswannabe
    Options
    ds1's birthday is on the 13th which luckily is a staurday this year. have decided not to do the whole party thing with friends from school untill he starts school properly next year. usually have a party tea for him with family but oh's family turn up in dribs and drabs so pointless. think we might take him out for the day this year depending on the weather.

thought i would give the sealed pot challenge a go, got my pot and instructed my oh to put all loose change in when he gets in (usually ends up in my washing machine as he always forgets to empty his pockets!) figure every penny we get goes into joint account so why should this be any different?!

still waiting to hear back from argos re my camara.................really need it now as ds2's wardrobe full of stuff ready to list on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think this dfw bug is catching on in this house, one of my mum's neighbours always gives ds1 a quid every week or so for sweets, today he gave him £2.50 instead of a selection box at xmas. we went to the shop and he spent 40p on some smarties and turned round to me and loudly declared that he could put the rest into his piggy to save as that would be a good idea!!! (cue laughty and doughy eyed looks from everyone in the shop!!) my baby is all grown up!!!

ooh, getting close to your due date pips mum! have you started drinking rasberry leaf tea?? i drunk some with ds1 and labour lasted 8 hours, drunk loads with ds2 and labour lasted 2 hours!! do you know what sex the baby is? picked any names out?
    December 2018: £20,850.24. Now: £18,333.02 Total paid in 2019: £2517.22

Weight loss: 1.5lbs
  • Pips_Mum
    Options
    Oh bless him, how cute is that!!
    Getting everyone involved is great, you are a proper DFW family.

37 Weeks tomorrow and counting, Midwife said don`t drink it till 37 weeks so guess what i will be glugging as of tomorrow:rotfl:
    Dont know officially but think its a boy got both sets of names ready in case. We know baby was "made" in Dublin so we have tried to have Irish names.
    I`ve got some stuff listed on Ebay at the minute and it is all going quite well, photos definately help loads though so hopefully Argos will hurry up.

2020 the year of less - Less debt, less waste, less spending, less stuff, less stress!
  • ragstoricheswannabe
    Options
    the old wives tale says if your bump is all at the front then its a boy, and if you are carrying wide (hips, bum and thighs) then its a girl..................... i started drinking the tea from 36 weeks, it doesnt taste that nice but you get used to the taste suprisingly quick!! 2 hours was suprisingly good considering ds2 was 9lb 10oz!!!!!:eek: ds1 was 4 weeks early and only 6lb 13oz.

• ragstoricheswannabe
    Options
    i am very annoyed and disappointed today, we have eaten into more of our overdraft this month so its now £1750!!!!:mad: we have a £2600 limit so not on the border line but with all my efforts to cut back and we have gone backwards. :confused: not what my motivation needed!!!!!!!!

going to make myself sit down today and do meal plan for next week, keep saying it but never seem to get there. will do a shopping list and stick to it. (if i am to ever beat this debt i think i need to be really organised.) will get the allocated amount out of the bank before hand so i will be paying cash (whats left over will go into the sealed pot)

need to work out where the money has gone but really cant face looking at the balance as it will annoy me even more.

not doing anything today so will be a nsd (no 3)

on a good note, oh took his flask to work again:T :T :T :T some of the free mini milks for coffee's fell into my bag yesterday (;) ) so he has now got teabags and coffee!!!!! no excuse!!!!!

• Pips_Mum
    Options
    Oh dear, no not what your motivation needed but dont be too disheartened. Could it be from before you started with the concious effort to be DFWs?
    Dont try and find where it has gone for the minute calm down a little first or it may dishearten you more:mad:
    Organisation does help and I think lack of it will be my downfall especially when baby comes!!

:T Positives tho, well done on NSD number 3 and well done on 2 consecutive days of hubby taking flask!!:T

• ragstoricheswannabe
    Options
    not going to try and figure out where we have gone wrong this month, going to draw a big line under the month, take a deep breath and start again. need a big kick up the a**e to get motivated again and organised.

my oh took his flask again today:T , think the very cold weather is helping in that but still finding the garages on the account:mad: , when asked he simply replyed "its cold out there so need hot food!!!" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:eek: blumming men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i spend time hunting out good gammon joints and chickens to cook for his sarnies (que picture of stepford wives) and he is off to the garage buying bleeding pies!!:confused:

rant over..........................

putting off changing my sig to show the biggar overdraft amount, but i suppose i better had to stay true to my dfw journey........ boo hoo :(

• Pips_Mum
    Options
    i spend time hunting out good gammon joints and chickens to cook for his sarnies (que picture of stepford wives) and he is off to the garage buying bleeding pies!!:confused:

:rotfl: LOl!!! :rotfl:
    Oh that did make me smile.
    I am also a bit stepford wife now, house tidy, tea on the table home cooked not ready meal, homemade sandwiches, do they appreciate us? Do they heck! :mad: Hopefully they will appreciate it more when they see how much we have knocked off our debts.

Hard to do but good for you updating the overdraft on your signature stay true to it as you say and then you will have a more accurate picture not a rose tinted one that got us all in this mess to start with!!

I had a NSD again today so very pleased and also had the scan that showed baby is not breech and is 3/5ths engaged, woohoo!!:beer:
    Bring on that raspberry leaf tea, I think you would be surprised how much I can grow to love it if it can shave a fews HOURS off labour like it did with you!!:rotfl:

I know I will have to spend this weekend but hopefully I can limit it rather than go wild. Fingers crossed.

• ragstoricheswannabe
    Options
    good news on pip not being breech!!!!!!:j

have just been over to the old style board and found an amazing thread, feeding family of 4 for a month on £20!! its a long thread but one worth checking out, great meal ideas and i have actually used it for inspiration for my meal plan, (yep, finally did one!!)have written out a shopping list and oh is going shopping tomorrow morning as he can stick to a list better than me.

found a recipe in my thrifty ways book for making air freshners (the gel kind) might look into this more and give it ago as am addicted to them (hate the thought someone might think my house smells despite my best efforts)

we keep throwing out all the old fruit but think i am going to catch it before it goes in the bin and turn it into pureed baby food............. just need to figure out what to do with the banana's as cant freeze them.

need to save up for a new front and back door, they both let such a draft in and you cant open the front door in winter as the wood swells and it takes about 10 mins to unlock the backdoor as the lock is stupid (have already had the wd40 on it!!) think its dfw as wouldnt need my heating on as much if we didnt have the drafts........

trying to work out how people are getting their clothes dried on airers with no heating on????:confused: i just end up with a back log of wet clothes.......

• mummy2mygirls
    Options
    hello, just enjoyed reading up on your thread! glad you have been busy and try not to worry to much about going into the over draft to much, im sure your do well from now on! you sound so determind!(spelling isnt great esp at this time of night :) )
    Pips mum im glad baby isnt breech and all looks well, i would also recomend the rasberry leaf tea, cant do any harm, With my first i was in labour for nearly 3 days(from first little contractions)!!! and had to be induced, with my second i drunk lots (plus everything else to help baby come) and was in labour for about 8hrs (from first contractions!) so a lot quicker, and i didnt have to be induced!! yeah, im due my 3rd in march!

Good idea to reuse the bedroom bits, we will move the girls in together and the baby will use all of dd2s bits from nursery, going to reuse more this time, as i have gone mad with expensive things for both the girls when its REALLY not needed!

my dh is a nightmare with his coffee and uses sooo much.. I have got him two of the little mug flasks and he is good at filling it up and also now will fill both when goes to the yard and also if he goes to his mums brothers etc he fills them up! saves on the expensive garage ones, He also doesnt take a card with him to work now so he CANT spend money...will take mine if he really needs something or i get just the right cash for him..

our front and back door are horrible and let in lots of drafts!! would save money to get new ones in the long run we brought some tape to put round (not to sure how to use it but dh said he did!!) but it hasnt really worked and doesnt stick to well....

anyway only popped on to say hello and glad to see you doing so well and ive gone on SOO much.....

xx
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family