Different life - so new SOA!! Back once again :D

Options

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello :hello:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey :) :hello:

Day 11 with no alcohol done this month :D Feeling good for it too.

I'm so proud of myself - went to a scrapbooking shop last night (online) and ordered things I really really wanted, got to the checkout, stopped, thought about it and didn't pay!! Go me lol! :)

Need to focus on finances etc but not today lol - going to try to get the house in order - with my back being bad, I've not been able to do anything - and you can tell!!!

Hope all are good.xxxxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there Sea

Sorry you've been so ill and feeling so bad - I'm glad there's a support thread on here that you've been able to go to .... good for you for stopping short of paying last night, that raised a smile from me.

I remember what it was like tho, stopping drinking - I have a couple of glasses of wine literally every couple of months, and thats all, but I stopped completely for years, and I remember how bad I felt, I really do. Even if you're not medically diagnosed with a problem, its horrendous, one day at a time is all you can do, and then counting up and finding you've already done 11 is great, soon you'll be up to counting it in weeks.

Take care of yourself, and keep on reaching out. All the best, sea.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    http://www.everycraftsapound.co.uk

Hi Sea, hope u dont mind me being cheeky, but just took the link from money neutral thread, as one of the ladies on there uses that shop, in all honeslty what I know about scrapbooks, etc u could write on a postage stamp, but the word £1. my ears pricked up.

Hope ur back is felling better, I know there a bug bearer when they go, well done on the alcohol free days, your really doing brilliantly, and ur an inspirationa and dont you forget that.

U takecare of yourself, and if theres anything you ever need pm and if I can help I will xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on no alcohol for 11 days that's fantastic.Hope the back is starting to heal.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How's it going Sea ?
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Well done for not buying scrapping stuff and well done on no alch for 11 days! The longer you go the better you will feel...have a think about making jewellry and flogging it...I'm getting quite a trade now and its as enjoyable as scrapping but you make dosh!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

Well, Ups and Downs is my life at the moment!

I'm signed off work for a week - stress - although thankfully my back is a lot better. There have been a few issues at work, some extremely minor, some only a bit minor, but nothing major, but it seems that at the moment some people really have it in for me - I'm not sure why - and have been running to the management at the slightest thing. I freely admit that with everything going on, I have not been at my best at work, but I have certainly been good enough and it all got too much when I received another letter from the head outlining 'issues' he wished to see me about. So I've had some time off, and it's been great. I have had a good few days of utter lows, but now I'm beginning to breathe again and re-evaluate things in my life. I am seriously considering going part-time come September. The down side of that is that I will lose my gorgeous form, but I'm sure they'll cope!! Also ofcourse, I'll take longer to pay off the debt, but I feel that my mental health, and my children's happiness needs to come first.

Will starts school in September, and I want to be able to still spend quality time with the both of them, not exhausted, stressed time. As a teacher I am lucky that I get hols etc off but they aren't being good times, but stressful, catching up times and I feel like I am missing out on my kids childhood. Might not make much sense I guess. I need to look at the figures and work out if it's plausible, as I don't want to lose the house etc. I think that I'd be a better teacher to the students at school too.

I'm reading Susan Jeffers 'End the struggle and dance with life - how to build yourself up when the world gets you down' and it's helping a lot. The alochol seems to be no longer a problem - went out the other night, had a few drinks and went home. Result :) However, I did binge drink at home another night, but am confident I can prevent that from happening like that again. Now the doc has upped my meds to 60mg a day, I do really need to steer clear of alcohol anyway.

Phew - what an essay - if you're still reading - thanks :D

I hope that everyone is well, I try to keep up with things on the board, it all goes so fast!!

Sea xxxxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sea you have to make choices which are good for you and your kids, this is a situation where you have to say 'hang the debts' and do what you must.
    Sorry to hear you've been signed off with stress and about your work situation it's terrible when you work with tatle tales. I'd rather somebody come direct to me than go behind my back.
    look forward to seeing you on here more.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hopefully the week off work will help, it certainly seems to of given you time to think, def look into the part time, if you could find out ur earning would be, then go onto www.entitledto.com, and put some figures in it will give u a rough idea on what ur child tax credit/ working tax credit would be, that way you could see about how much you'd need and it would give u chance to balence the books as they say.
    In all honestly the way I look at my debt is, I could possibly pay my debt off 6-9 months earlier and not have a life, or take the full term and have a life.
    Ok maybe my situation is easier as I dont have the responsibility of a house, but I have a daughter, and I dont want her to suffer or miss out because I screwed up.
    Hope things improve at school, xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family