How do I cancel my Creditexpert free trial?

Options

Comments

• kingboyk
    kingboyk Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovefilm is a nightmare to cancel!

I just cancelled CreditExpert by calling 0800 561 0083. It took about 3 minutes and I instantly got email confirmation. My £20 from Quidco didn't track but at least cancelling was painless.
  • joebloggs2112
    Options
    Hi,

I tried to cancel my credit expert membership today after the free trail. Very frustrated after trying their freephone number. (0800 561 0083). You get a recorded message that repeats twice saying. "Sorry our lines are too busy try again later", and then it cuts the call. It doesn't put you in a queue to speak to anybody. I think this is because people will forget to call back and they'll get some money off of you when you go over the 30 days. Very naughty.

I called this number instead. 0115 941 0888. It's for their head office. I got put straight through to an operator. And canceled membership in seconds.

Tell everybody that you can. I think it's very wrong of them to pray on people that sign up for the free report.

Kind Regards,

Dave
  • katatonik
    Options
    Just in case anyone needs help with this...

Call 0800 1214752 (from a land line, it is free) and quote your Reference number which you will find if you log into your account, they will also ask you a few questions name/dob/address and your secret question, so have all that ready.

I just cancelled mine 10 mins ago calling that number they answered after 1 ring and she did it immediately, then I received a confirmation email 5 mins later.
  • Swiftkidd
    Options
    katatonik wrote: »
    Just in case anyone needs help with this...

Call 0800 1214752 (from a land line, it is free) and quote your Reference number which you will find if you log into your account, they will also ask you a few questions name/dob/address and your secret question, so have all that ready.

I just cancelled mine 10 mins ago calling that number they answered after 1 ring and she did it immediately, then I received a confirmation email 5 mins later.

Thanks for outling land line, I think its slipped Matin's mind when publishing the article I tryed the number out of intreast (Using a mobile) luckily I didn't have sufficient funds to be charged. I didn't sign up so no bother :cool:
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Will cancelling affect cashback? My cashback is pending but the projected confirmation date is the end of march.
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Easiest way is to just ring the tommorow on 0800 561 0083.

They will cancel it there and then and send you an email to confirm cancellation. Make sure you have your report/customer ref no. to hand.

Think I will take up the free trial via TCB, get a free credit report in the process then cancel within the 30-day period. Can anyone confirm if the quoted (0800 561 0083) number remains associated with canceling an account or trial? I also don't happen to have a phone right now (just moved house) so I'm using Skype on my PC which doesn't do touch tone, so does the quoted number take you straight to an operator or to a menu from where you choose an option (which I can't do). Many thanks for any help.
  • Ulfar
    Ulfar Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    Options
    New number is 08444810800.
  • choc_mouse
    choc_mouse Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    0844 481 0800 (option 4) put me on a queue. At 5p a minute, I hung up.

0800 561 0083 worked for me and got through instantly. Seems like a dedicated cancellation line as they give the 0844 number for customer services. They did have a quick look at my profile and discuss how I could improve my score and also tried to sell me fraud protection. Done within 5 minutes though and they sent an email to confirm.
  • jb1000
    jb1000 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    you can only cancel credit expert / experian free trial by phone. But they store your details including card details, if you log in after cancelling you automatically re-start your membership and you will be charged. So do not log in with the username & password you will be charged.
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dolia wrote: »
    I just called the number above to cancel my service: it took less than a minute.
    The only info they needed was name, address, date of birth, mother's maiden name and they also asked if I had any questions. (ie, reason for leaving). My mobile network charged me about 70p for the call.

Sent me a confirmation email automatically, stating that I could renew the service at any time by using the same pins and details (don't know whether they charge from the outset - assume so), and that they would send me a confirmation email on the last day of my service, since the results can be viewed 30 days after last payment.

Absolutely hassle free.

I tried to sign up for my free trial the other day. Did all my details then at the end they informed me I already have an account and to log in with that!

Tried/failed.

Went through the 'Forgot my password' option.

Didn't have the right security data.

Emailed them as was getting mightily p!55ed off, especially as considering I haven't ever had an account with them. The closest I got was around 2006 when I started to sign up, being drawn in by the free trial, but never completed, as they wanted my card details and I didn't trust myself to cancel in time, so to confirm, I have never seen my credit report.

Had email response telling me they are resending my PIN in the post.

I replied advising I have never had a PIN and that also where are they sending it as I have moved since then. Also, if I did by some miracle get that PIN (which I haven't and this was a week ago), could they confirm this is when my free trial will start?

Reply from them addressed to someone called Kara (!!!) saying I would be charged as I'd had my free trial and that they are sending the PIN to the address I registered with them!

GAH!

I am so unbelievably annoyed with them, I only wanted to see my credit report, and I've never been able. They've sent a confidential PIN to an address I've not been in for over a year now, which will get returned (hopefully), and I still haven't had my free trial!!!!!!! :mad:

Sorry for rant, what I was trying to say was that you are lucky to have a nice trouble-free experience with them!

Lee-anne
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport