How do I cancel my Creditexpert free trial?

Options
124»

Comments

• wilson52
    Options
    this is interesting, i rang to cancel my membership today and was offerd membership half price if i stayed?????? worth doin g if you want to stay but want it cheaper
  • LMck111
    LMck111 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Ulfar wrote: »
    New number is 08444810800.

0800 561 0083 is still running & is used for cancellations.
  • AH2
    Options
    Hey - new free phone number to cancel Credit Expert membership is: 0800 561 0083 :)
  • TarkMalbot
    Options
    I called the free phone number 0800 561 0083 and found it much easier than I expected.

I wasn't kept waiting and the call was answered in a matter of seconds, Leon was very helpful, didn't try and make me stay, gave me some advice on how I could improve my rating so all was good!

And even better was that my rating was 997! cool
  • Sakman21
    Options
    After several frustrating minutes trying to find any information on how to cancel from their website, I came on here and found the tel No. I needed. Just called them (got straight through) and found the guy on the other end (Andy) really helpful and cancelled with no fuss or bother. £6:48p refund being processed and a confirmation email received. As others have said, they don't make it easy.
  • stusan
    stusan Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I've just followed the thread and cancelled mine. Took ages to find contact number. They do have a new number now, which is

0844 481 0800

They were very nice but the young man kept trying to talk me into cheaper options like buying online as a 1 off or text reports once a month. Had to say 4 times please just cancel it. Email received and all cancelled.

Good Luck:j
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stusan wrote: »
    I've just followed the thread and cancelled mine. Took ages to find contact number. They do have a new number now, which is

0844 481 0800

They were very nice but the young man kept trying to talk me into cheaper options like buying online as a 1 off or text reports once a month. Had to say 4 times please just cancel it. Email received and all cancelled.

Good Luck:j

Just keep an eye on your credit card account when the next payment would have been due. I cancelled back in Feb before the first payment was due but they still tried to take it. I wasted time on the phone and by email until a man there told me that someone had cancelled my membership and then accidentally reinstated it. Fortunately I had kept a copy of the cancellation email.
    If they do try and take another payment from you, you will have to ring them. They ignored several emails from me and just sent further demands for new credit card details.
  • stusan
    stusan Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks.
    All sorted. I bank with first direct so cancelled the payment with my bank at same time so no problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure