Pots of gold help!

Options

Comments

• stokegal
    stokegal Posts: 935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know when they start selling Christmas scratch cards? I have all my other things but just need to get my scratch cards now

So excited :j:j
    LBM - Oct 2020 - £37500
    Currently - £8409
    77% cleared!
  • Giggles_Fairy
    Giggles_Fairy Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2010 at 10:08PM
    Options
    quick question to people who are making these to sell

what do you do about all ingredients because it is against the law to sell them without ingredients on - i have just been making some up n hubby pointed this out - does anyone know where we stand?
    Thanks

Hi, I looked into this and Im sure I read on a document on the net that as we are not making the items ourselves then all that needs is for a list of ingredients to be readily available. This doesnt neccessarily have to be on the item itself but can be on a handout or a website or something. It does mention how important elements like nuts, E number etc could be added to the label, and as alot of sweets are single wrapped they often have the ingredients list on the themselves, which I know probably doesnt apply to most of the sweets being used in pots of gold but does for the wishes I presume?. Im making sweet cones to sell and have put a list of all sweets and their ingredients on the fanpage notes section and for the fairs I will be taking a handout of this.

However I would advise contacting your local trading standards and asking for advice to make sure you get the correct advice :D
  • Giggles_Fairy
    Giggles_Fairy Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Options
    i saw the Lindit Santas tonight in Makro for £1.66 plus VAT. Quite tempted by them but they arent all gold haha Im such a perfectionist!

I knw I wanted to do pots of gold but couldnt think of a reason to do them, but now we have guests for christmas day lunch so these shall we waiting on for table for them :D. So time to start collecting some gold sweets and pots! First stop is tescos own chocolate bars in the gold wrappers haha
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco has werthers bogof @ £1.09
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • nic_nac_
    nic_nac_ Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks, i've not long discovered this thread and what a fab idea! I'm going to make 6 pots of gold and have been gathering little bits.
    What i've bought so far:
    Cadburys Christmas Wishes - 2 for £1 from Poundland
    Little Lindt Gold Reindeers - £1 each from Poundland
    Gold Chocolate Coins - 2 for £1 from Tescos
    Big Gold Caramel Sweets from Qaulity Street - 3 for £1.20 from Tescos
    Bag of Gold shred - from Poundland
    Had a look at Scratchcards but didn't see any gold Christmas one's so i'll wait to see if they bring any out nearer the time.
    Does anyone know where I could get little gold cups or bowls?
    I was thinking of just using the Asda Smartprice little(ish) tumblers which are 4 for 79p I think, but would prefer to get something gold.
    TIA.:)
  • Qaphsiel
    Qaphsiel Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    nic_nac_ wrote: »
    Hi folks, i've not long discovered this thread and what a fab idea! I'm going to make 6 pots of gold and have been gathering little bits.
    What i've bought so far:
    Cadburys Christmas Wishes - 2 for £1 from Poundland
    Little Lindt Gold Reindeers - £1 each from Poundland
    Gold Chocolate Coins - 2 for £1 from Tescos
    Big Gold Caramel Sweets from Qaulity Street - 3 for £1.20 from Tescos
    Bag of Gold shred - from Poundland
    Had a look at Scratchcards but didn't see any gold Christmas one's so i'll wait to see if they bring any out nearer the time.
    Does anyone know where I could get little gold cups or bowls?
    I was thinking of just using the Asda Smartprice little(ish) tumblers which are 4 for 79p I think, but would prefer to get something gold.
    TIA.:)

I used the Asda smartprice tumblers last year and they worked fantastically plus thye could be used as a glass after too. I will be using them or Tescos value ones for my Pots of Gold this year too.
  • nic_nac_
    nic_nac_ Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, i'll probably get them from Asda.:beer:
  • ChocolateIsLife
    Options
    Was in Hobbycraft today and bought some cute little gold buckets from the flower arranging section, 62p each
  • esmer
    esmer Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Options
    I got clear tubs from poundland today, and im either going to spray them with gold paint......... or I am going to keep them clear and use gold tissue. I also got some Elizabeth shaw chocolate mint crisps, gold coins, chocolate wishes, just to get ferrero roche..............
    Saving 2.00 coins
    Grocerys set to 40.00 pw
    Being Thrifty
  • thumperandbambi
    Options
    Hi

I am going to have a stand at my local sale and was going to make up a load of these as something fairly cheap people could buy and take away there and then, but am now wondering about the legal implications of them containing scratch cards? Is this again'st the law?
    Thanks
    Katie
    Katie (age 26)
    Proud Mummy to
    Renee Ann born 25th September 05
    Toby Charles born 25th December 07
    Ollie Leigh born 11th December 09
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing