Pots of gold help!

Options

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    On Wednesday night I was at Tescos and I bought three of the 400g bags of chocolate coins at £3 each to be used in the "Pots of gold". I also bought a box of sixteen Ferro Rocher at the Co-op for less than £2. I was looking for the gold Santas, as far as I remember Lindt made them last year, but I cannot find them this year, anyone know if they are available? Has Quality Street stopped doing the gold tin of sweets with all the toffees or does anyone know where you can get them?
  • Emzy81
    Emzy81 Posts: 481 Forumite
    Options
    Have been searching for christmassy ideas (OH's idea as im already desperate to put the tree up :o so I think he hopes this will occupy me for a bit longer :rotfl:)
    And I love the idea of 'Pots of gold' Im definitely going to be making some of these, thanks for all the great ideas :T

Oh and where can you get cellophane from other than a florist? I don't know where a local florist is around here

Im now off to find more christmassy threads :D
  • andymandy
    andymandy Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    you can buy it off the internet, just google cellophane wrap and you should find it. I bought a roll from my local florist who let me have it at cost price as I was making things for my local disabled club to sell at their craft fayre.
  • Cotton_wool_katie
    Options
    quick question to people who are making these to sell

what do you do about all ingredients because it is against the law to sell them without ingredients on - i have just been making some up n hubby pointed this out - does anyone know where we stand?
    Thanks
    I have 2 gorgeous kids :D
  • Emzy81
    Emzy81 Posts: 481 Forumite
    Options
    andymandy wrote: »
    you can buy it off the internet, just google cellophane wrap and you should find it. I bought a roll from my local florist who let me have it at cost price as I was making things for my local disabled club to sell at their craft fayre.

Thank you for that....stupidly I was just thinking of 'high street shops' unusual for me lol!
  • SpEnDaHoLiC_2
    Options
    Wow!!! My friend showed me this thread and I've been reading it all morning! I can't wait to do these for everyone this year!!! Thanks for all the great ideas, I am so so so excited to do them! xxxx
    :j Finally realised we need to sort our debt!:j
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys need some advice on whether I am being a stingy gift giver!!! I have just done a test run for my pots of Gold and in them I have 3 coins, small, medium and large, 2 ferrero rocher, 3 caramel werthers and 3 wethers original and a cadbury wish and then a scratchcard, when i get them! Is this stingy? I am using small plant pots approx 3"? Would upload a pic but have no idea how to do that!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    legendmum ... they wont think its stingy if they win something :D ... its the thought that matters not the present x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • PinkPrincess
    PinkPrincess Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Legendmum wrote: »
    Hey guys need some advice on whether I am being a stingy gift giver!!! I have just done a test run for my pots of Gold and in them I have 3 coins, small, medium and large, 2 ferrero rocher, 3 caramel werthers and 3 wethers original and a cadbury wish and then a scratchcard, when i get them! Is this stingy? I am using small plant pots approx 3"? Would upload a pic but have no idea how to do that!
    I don't think that's stingy at all! I think it's probably just the right amount as a nice small gift. A bit of cellophane, some ribbon and a gift tag will make them look great :)
  • SpEnDaHoLiC_2
    SpEnDaHoLiC_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2010 at 7:20PM
    Options
    Legendmum wrote: »

oooo what's a cadbury wish?! xx Ohh and I don't think you are stingy! x
    :j Finally realised we need to sort our debt!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family