🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

marketing companies [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• Angely
    Angely Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Time to go through this post....
    But very useful anyway thanks
    :rotfl:Love, like never been hurt before:rotfl:
  • LDNlady_2
    Options
    I had an interview tomorrow with Felix marketing tomorrow but after seeing this and doing a bit of research I am not going to.I have also been to A1 Marketing and Double Impact Marketing all of which are at Old Street.They were all the same in that they did not tell you what the job entailed until the second interview.I went to a second interview and before I knew it I was told that I would be doing door-to-door sales.The jobs are not salary paid and you only gain commission so it is all on your back.

None of this added up until I realized they were all at the same address.Crazy stuff. I do not know if it is a con or not, but they should be more clear from the outset of what the job they are offering entails.
  • ArtyStew
    Options
    Hi all just been given an interview with "Smiths Marketing Associates" does anyone have any experience with this company. Any advice would be greatly welcome.

Stewart
  • leah123_2
    Options
    Smiths Marketing is definetly the same scam google them like I did I was supposed to have an interview in Edinburgh but they turned out to be just the same as the other companies mentioned on here.
  • Toonutter
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Now I have read through a lot of these posts but I feel I am obliged to correct a few things and state it how it is. I am not going to say everything I have read is not correct but the vast majority of it is and I feel it is unfair for those people who don't really understand the concept of it to effect other people opportunity.

First of all the scam part just doesn't make sense neither does it being called a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme involves head-hunting individuals, also it doesn't have any direct clients and only sales from within. Do you think these companies such as The Red Cross would let themselves be represented by a scam company. Also pyramid schemes are illegal which is another reason why this isn't one. Also with a pyramid scheme an individual can never earn more than the person above them, which in this case you can.

The scam part I find hard to understand why people think this, yes you may feel that it has been mis-advertised, but the actual training program is not. Let me give you some maths.

For an average TALK TALK contract it is £25 a month, over a 24 month contract that's £500. So if the target is 4 a day that equates to £2,000. Now if you can teach and train for example ten other people to do that then it's £22,000 a day. Now any client or smart person would see someone who can do that as being a good investment and would want to support them in opening up their own office and if you can teach and train ten people then surely that is enough for you to deserve to become a manager.

Talk Talk paid the X factor £7 million to sponsor them this year, now because they only pay out to the company for every application which is around £25 per application form, they can generate a substantial profit, which is one of the reasons as to why these use them. Now to the individual if your doing a minimum of 3 a day, that's £75, over 6 days (yes it's on a Saturday, so what, what do you think the people in the shops do at the weekend and if you were a manager, wouldn't you want to be able to maximise your profit, especially on a day when most people are in) =£450per week, £1,800 a month, £21,600 per annum which is far better than a lot of jobs advertised. Now of course you can surpass this and there is no great skill or talent involved, it is worked on the basis if you speak to enough people with a good attitude then you will find people who are interested in the product.

The reason it is performance pay is because how many people do you think if they went out door-to-door on their own for 8 hours and were on a basic would give it their all, not many as there would be no incentive. Also this is a management training program, so by joining it you want to become a manager so it makes sense as a manager that if your wages aren't fixed, but are rather based on sales then you will never make a loss and never go out of business. The door to door part of things gets you speaking to many different and diverse people with different reactions, building relationships with individuals and learning to take negatives= all of which are needed in order to be a successful manager. Yes it involves long hours but why not put the hard work in now rather than later and if you think you don't have to work hard to be a successful and financially stable individual then you are kidding yourselves. What self made entrepreneur do you know who made it on a basic wage?

I think that is pretty much it, I hope I have cleared things up for a lot of people with factual rather than fictional information. If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask, as I said I feel it is unfair for people to gain an opportunity like this by being effected by narrow minded individuals.
  • Russe11
    Russe11 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Options
    Door to door sales is all about attitude, I never really got fully into it and peaked at earning 340 a day, some of my colleages did worse often earning nothing, some of my friends still work in door to door and the hit 1200 a week when they put the effort in.

The whole sale pitch about becomming a manager etc is not really required, just some people want to go to work and do as little as possible and earn £6 a hour and others have more go and ability to do certain things.

Its a ok stepping stone job with the right companies, but with the wrong ones i'll agree your wasting your time if you just want a job.
  • prodigal
    Options
    tobyd wrote: »
    does anyone know anything about Centurion marketing in leeds?, i have declined interviws with oms and akwa as they were the above, however cannot locate anything on these guys in leeds, vicar lane? any advise, ? i called them and asked them if they were the same and they denied this which they would but not sure? God you cannot trust anyone no adayys

im starting work there today ill let you know how it goes
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone know anything about a firm called Global Management - graduate recruitment?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • flash11
    Options
    Thing is tho I don't condome what they do, I happened to take a job in a office under the same organisation but the office I was in is called Keys worldwide....optimistic title since they have nothing to do globally. But because I had been unemployed for a year and three months at that point I was money starved so I stupidly accepted the position.
    All I can say to people is if wherever you go someone approaches you with a clipboard, in the middle of a street but mostly outside the job centre, talking about employment then mention, THE COBRA GROUP!!!, unless you think you are good at door to door imediately tell them where they can stick it.
    Now with pinnacle in my opinion I wouldn't really mind working there, because in this organisation you do a lot of travelling. My first day in the company at the end of it, my leader told me to talk to the main boss about going on a road trip with my leader to derby the following week.
    Of course they all made it out to be as if we was going to derby for the day, but after my boss had come telling me that I was going to derby with my leader, my leader soon told me it was for the week.
    I then immediately asked can I now come off because I wasn't intending to go for a week, but nope the damage had been done.
    Anyhow when we got to derby (very nervous myself meeting one set of strange loonatics, and now meeting a bigger bunch of looneys!)
    I actually enjoyed it because everyone up there was so much friendlier than swindon and had a lot more patience to help.
    But anyhow, despite what all offices will do to say that this is not a con or a scam, the simple fact of the matter is.....IT DAMN WELL IS!!!!! keys worldwide and pinnacle promotions work in the charity sector and they say the way that both, the charities and the office make money is they work on a formula of "for every £7 raised for the charity the office gains £1" now my maths aren't that great but from what I can understand this is all aload of bull!!!
    because for every person you sign up to the charity at the minimum donation of £8.50 a month you gain £15 from it and your crew leader takes a percentage and then so does the owner. Now the thing is people be thinking "yeah a percentage of the £15" no you still get £15, which confuses me. If it's £7-£1 ratio how can the "fundraisers" take £15 and the crew leaders and the owners take abit off of that??
    Also talking about bull!!! when I first joined up I was told that I would get £30 for every sale done at the minimum and you can imagine I was well excited thinking "wow I will be swimming in it" but then a few days later they started talking to me about bond returns basically "to stop you gettin into debt with the charity" so they said in actual fact what you do is you get £15 now and then another £15 in 5 months time depending uppon whether the customer you signed up is still donating.
    If the donor suddenly stops the donation the other £15 goes back to the charity.
    BUT it has been known under rumour that sometime's the owner cancels the donations deliberately, because apparently (again under rumour) if they cancel the £15 goes back to the charity but the owner still gets a percentage off of that, which to me is pretty messed up.
    And all along from my 3rd day to when I left, I had been thinking about that and making me feel like I didn't want anything to do with the company.
    But the final nail in the coffin for me was when the easter bank holiday came. We was told a month in advance that we was going to have bank holiday friday AND monday off and kept getting reminded about it throughout all the week. We had friday off, went in saturday did 3 sails felt good and I was in my leader's car at the end of the day and she asked me what me plans were for sunday, so I said to her that me and a friend were planning to go to a reading bike festival, we'd be camping over night and getting back bank holiday monday.
    She said "fair enough have a good weekend and hope you enjoy it"
    Anyhow me and my mate got to reading, pitched up the tents, cracked open a bottle of cider...as you do, finished it, opened another bottle........as you do. And then receive a phone call from my leader, having a 5 minute conversation about, how it's going, am I havgin fun, yada yada. And then she asks the quetion..."are you ready for tommorrow."
    Not trying to sound like an idiot, but just a confused individual replied "what do you mean." basically saturday morning in the "leaders meeting" where only leaders are allowed and of course me being the only non leader is not allowed to go, it was announced that we would be working bank holiday monday. And frustrated the absolute hell out of me!.
    Phoned my parents and explained the situation and said I want to leave it, what do you think?" Both replied that in these kind of organisations it is known that if you leave there and then on the spot that they take everything you've previously earned.
    So then I decided to deliberately get sacked, being the only way I could think of getting out of there safely.
    Even then I recon they still deducted abit from me!

Right lets get one thing staight before i go on a rant about stifler. I used to work in the company but sadly wasnt able to continue.

I am fairly certian i know who stifler is an if it is the case then i know exactly why he left. Cause he was socially not all there to be polite.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in this company and made very good money. Lots of people would comein in there 1st few weeks make alot of money and im talking £500-600 each week.

The fact of the matter is this everyone is saying they're applying for the roles on well known website so why everyone seems so scared to go to an interview i really don't know. realistically nothing is gonna happen that is bad. Its one day for you to see what it's like. To be invited for an intervew means your over 18 so lets stop whinging and go see what its like.

Not everyone is going to be good at it but I'm sue tereslots of other things yur not good at aswell. If you get good at this business you can make an absolute fortune. Its not that hard in all honesty. The only people you see wriing in these forums ae people that were'nt any good. Ofcurse they're gonna moan that they made no money. Let me knowwhen someone whos making £500 a week is moaning about the business.

Everybody is friendly always wanting to help you get better, its a fun environment and you gain som incredible experience.

Don't listen to other peoples views theres loads of people that dont like sitting in an office all day everyday yet they still do it. Get your own opinion on it. Like me you may really enjoy it.

I hope this helps take care.
  • cgk1
    cgk1 Posts: 1,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting to see some newbies telling everyone how great it is - this thread must be impacting recruitment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport