marketing companies [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• babroo
    babroo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I had an e-mail from "Monster Marketing Direct" as well, exactly the same letter and directions as mentioned above. I really thank this forum as i had an interview booked today 01/07/2010 . I got ready and before leaving just happened to google the company and to my horror found this forum , which actually saved me. i Didn't go and I am waiting for them to call me so , I can blast them on the phone. I feel victimised. I would also take this chance to mention webemploy as well. who try to sell you a course in order to put you through for an interview. so beware of them as well.
  • will4298
    will4298 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I think this is another one called Direct Monster Marketing, based in Nottinghamshire also and the office is in Old Street, anyone had experience of this company?
    I received the email below today and then googled to do some more research on the company for the interview, but don't think i'll bother now?

Dear Applicant

I would like to thank you for submitting your application for our current Marketing opportunities.

We have had a massive response to our recent adverts and are now coming towards the end of our initial recruitment process. Over the past few weeks we have been reviewing all applications in conjunction with our Managing Director and have selected approximately fifty percent of perspective candidates to attend an interview with us in order to discuss our roles in further detail. I am pleased to inform you that you are one of the successful candidates that we would like to invite in for a preliminary interview with our company.

Please select from one of the two interview options and e-mail me or call me with your name and number and your preferred date and time for your initial interview.

Wednesday 14th April 2010 at 10:00am
    Or
    Thursday 15th April 2010 at 10:00am

We have been inundated with calls so a prompt reply would help us to guarantee an interview space. Please note that once you have e-mailed me or called me with your preferred date, time and contact number this will be automatically booked for you – so you may not necessarily receive a confirmation. If you cannot attend the dates stated above please let me know so that we can alternative dates.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you soon.

PLEASE SEE ADDRESS AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:

PLEASE FIND DIRECTIONS BELOW: Monster Marketing Direct Ltd – 32-37 Cowper Street London EC2A 4AW

(Please note Cowper Street is abbreviated on this map as CO. ST)

If arriving at our offices via tube, we are located 2 minutes walk from Old Street Station (Northern Line). Please leave Old Street tube station at Exit 4. Turn Left at the top of the stairs and you will see COWPER Street on your right hand side. There is The Central Foundations Boys school on the right and we are on the left side of the road number 32a. The company is clearly sign posted at the entrance Innovation Marketing; this is where we (Monster Marketing) are also based. Our reception is located on the 2nd floor, please make you way in and report to reception with your name and state that your interview is with Monster Marketing.

Once in reception give your name and state that you have interview with Monster Marketing Direct.
    Please bring a copy of your CV and be dressed in business

Any problems feel free to give me a call.

************Please note that we are only interviewing applicants above the age of 18 with full working visa for the UK who are able to work on full time basis********* * *

Best of luck,

Kind Regards
    Jaimini Mistry
    Monster Marketing Direct

32a-37 Cowper Street
    London
    EC2A 4AW
    Tel: 0207 336 0060
    Fax: 02072512050
    Email: [EMAIL="jaimini@monster-marketing.co.uk"]jaimini@monster-marketing.co.uk[/EMAIL]

COMPANY REGISTERED OFFICE :
    Market Square ,
    Retford,
    Nottinghamshire, DN226DQ

COMPANY REGISTRATION NUMBER: 6566409

LOL, I'm really sorry.
    I worked for a company called Marketing Concepts (Scotland) LTD based in Glasgow. basically they taught you things like fear of loss, urgency greed blah blah

That email you received seemed to have contained ALL of the terms taught.

Can i also add, the whole marketing thing is a joke.
    I got little support. I was told it was a ZERO investment career opportunity... I ended up having to sell my iPod just to into work i sold my iPod touch for £30 and did i make that money back? No. I know it was my fault at the end of it, but i was pretty much brain washed into thinking i could make something of it.

I feel like i should do something, complain to someone anyone and get some action taken against these guys, they just fill you with lies and for people who are unemployed (who they're usually aiming at) who tend to have little or no money to be able to afford traveling costs, it sickens me.

I'd love to see these guys get closed down.
  • will4298
    will4298 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    magicfwomp wrote: »
    Hi, i just set up a facebook page to help get word across about these companies, so any experiences etc will be much appreciated and help spread the word even more :P

links here:
    facebook.com/group.php?gid=103263926378811&ref=nf
    Many thanks :D

Good job mate!
    Make sure you add

Marketing Concepts Scotland LTD (Based in Glasgow)
    And in the same office
    SMA (Smiths Marketing Associates) Also based in Glasgow.

to the list too!

The sooner people learn about these guys, the sooner they get put out of business.

Thanks!
  • skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    excelsior marketing in sheffield sounds like one of these, ive just been offered an interview with them, but i think ill give it a miss.

Ive had a job in liverpool where we went to shops selling make up, and the product was £20 the office got £15 and we got £5. but if we didnt sell anything we didnt get paid. also we had to pay for our own travel out of what we made, so unless you made a significant amount you woudlnt make much. I had to work 7am-8pm monday to saturday! i went on the training day then quit.
  • ESKIMO
    ESKIMO Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, i'm flumaxed by the first few posts in this.

Kudos for the heads up. Made a lot of interesting reading.

"I dub thee Dr, Milestoneinfo.'

Great post.
    Young At Heart and Ever The Optimist: "You can't sell ice to Eskimo."

Waste Not, Want Not. - Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
  • Imran123
    Options
    Thing is tho I don't condome what they do, I happened to take a job in a office under the same organisation but the office I was in is called Keys worldwide....optimistic title since they have nothing to do globally. But because I had been unemployed for a year and three months at that point I was money starved so I stupidly accepted the position.
    All I can say to people is if wherever you go someone approaches you with a clipboard, in the middle of a street but mostly outside the job centre, talking about employment then mention, THE COBRA GROUP!!!, unless you think you are good at door to door imediately tell them where they can stick it.
    Now with pinnacle in my opinion I wouldn't really mind working there, because in this organisation you do a lot of travelling. My first day in the company at the end of it, my leader told me to talk to the main boss about going on a road trip with my leader to derby the following week.
    Of course they all made it out to be as if we was going to derby for the day, but after my boss had come telling me that I was going to derby with my leader, my leader soon told me it was for the week.
    I then immediately asked can I now come off because I wasn't intending to go for a week, but nope the damage had been done.
    Anyhow when we got to derby (very nervous myself meeting one set of strange loonatics, and now meeting a bigger bunch of looneys!)
    I actually enjoyed it because everyone up there was so much friendlier than swindon and had a lot more patience to help.
    But anyhow, despite what all offices will do to say that this is not a con or a scam, the simple fact of the matter is.....IT DAMN WELL IS!!!!! keys worldwide and pinnacle promotions work in the charity sector and they say the way that both, the charities and the office make money is they work on a formula of "for every £7 raised for the charity the office gains £1" now my maths aren't that great but from what I can understand this is all aload of bull!!!
    because for every person you sign up to the charity at the minimum donation of £8.50 a month you gain £15 from it and your crew leader takes a percentage and then so does the owner. Now the thing is people be thinking "yeah a percentage of the £15" no you still get £15, which confuses me. If it's £7-£1 ratio how can the "fundraisers" take £15 and the crew leaders and the owners take abit off of that??
    Also talking about bull!!! when I first joined up I was told that I would get £30 for every sale done at the minimum and you can imagine I was well excited thinking "wow I will be swimming in it" but then a few days later they started talking to me about bond returns basically "to stop you gettin into debt with the charity" so they said in actual fact what you do is you get £15 now and then another £15 in 5 months time depending uppon whether the customer you signed up is still donating.
    If the donor suddenly stops the donation the other £15 goes back to the charity.
    BUT it has been known under rumour that sometime's the owner cancels the donations deliberately, because apparently (again under rumour) if they cancel the £15 goes back to the charity but the owner still gets a percentage off of that, which to me is pretty messed up.
    And all along from my 3rd day to when I left, I had been thinking about that and making me feel like I didn't want anything to do with the company.
    But the final nail in the coffin for me was when the easter bank holiday came. We was told a month in advance that we was going to have bank holiday friday AND monday off and kept getting reminded about it throughout all the week. We had friday off, went in saturday did 3 sails felt good and I was in my leader's car at the end of the day and she asked me what me plans were for sunday, so I said to her that me and a friend were planning to go to a reading bike festival, we'd be camping over night and getting back bank holiday monday.
    She said "fair enough have a good weekend and hope you enjoy it"
    Anyhow me and my mate got to reading, pitched up the tents, cracked open a bottle of cider...as you do, finished it, opened another bottle........as you do. And then receive a phone call from my leader, having a 5 minute conversation about, how it's going, am I havgin fun, yada yada. And then she asks the quetion..."are you ready for tommorrow."
    Not trying to sound like an idiot, but just a confused individual replied "what do you mean." basically saturday morning in the "leaders meeting" where only leaders are allowed and of course me being the only non leader is not allowed to go, it was announced that we would be working bank holiday monday. And frustrated the absolute hell out of me!.
    Phoned my parents and explained the situation and said I want to leave it, what do you think?" Both replied that in these kind of organisations it is known that if you leave there and then on the spot that they take everything you've previously earned.
    So then I decided to deliberately get sacked, being the only way I could think of getting out of there safely.
    Even then I recon they still deducted abit from me!

All this advice u people have gave about Pinnacle Promotions is AMAZING I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GET REDY TO GO TO DERBY FOR AN INTERVIEW FROM NOTTIGHAM THEY WUD NOT TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE JOB JUST SAID IT WUD BE DISCUSSED IN THE INTERVIEW THEY ARE A BUNCH OF JOKERS I CANT BELIEVE IT THANKS SO MUCH GUYS RELLY THANK YOU.
  • susiewong1989
    Options
    Hi everyone,

i have just been on the phone to a company called TG Worldwide who asked me to come and have an interview for a customer service, sales promotion advertising position. ive been to a few websites now that talk about scams? im just abit worried, has anyone heard of this company? their website doesnt seem to work and are they legit?

i really want to know before my interview tomorrow so that i know whether i should bother or not.

Thanks!
  • vladzie
    vladzie Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marketing concepts Scotland in Glasgow.

I've now been with them for a week, and it is exactly as detailed in the first post. I already had misgivings after getting an interview so quick. But took it up, as I really needed a job and was promised training, even after the 2nd stage of traipsing around Glasgow, door to door for 7 hours.
    I realised something was amiss when at the end of the 2nd stage I asked how my travel expenses would be reimbursed during the job (i took my car) and was told to keep the receipt and claim it out of my taxes at the end of the year...?? Alarm bells sounded already, then asked when I'd expect to be paid, and whether the sales I made was on top of the £15-20,000 grand promised in the job ad. Then was surreptitiously told I'd be self employed and on commission only.....

Sales seem to be made pretty quick, i enjoyed the peoples company that i worked with and my trainer was very good and patient with me while I got my nerves together....he's paid my expenses till i start earning properly in a couple of weeks...

So I dunno, I'm learning huge amounts, it is a great feeling when you know you've managed to get someone to take up your offer (the product we're promoting is a good cause as its free for those who qualify, so no money exchanged unless they don't qualify and only if they're happy with the work) so ethically I've seen how we don't ram anything down anyone's throats if they don't want it, as we've not got the time!!

I didnt go into it to get to any type of management level, just to get work/money and stop me stewing in my own juices at home whilst trying to find work.....

Just dubious about how much I could actually make, and the time it is taking out of my day to look for other work (typical day is 10-11 hours)....

Clever system yes....to get the right people to buy/take up your product... just time consuming, very hard work and is definately more about lining the pockets of the people above you....

I think, the job - is just a risk you take if you are actually any good at selling products....
  • Wakey2008
    Wakey2008 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    vladzie wrote: »
    Marketing concepts Scotland in Glasgow.

I've now been with them for a week, and it is exactly as detailed in the first post. I already had misgivings after getting an interview so quick. But took it up, as I really needed a job and was promised training, even after the 2nd stage of traipsing around Glasgow, door to door for 7 hours.
    I realised something was amiss when at the end of the 2nd stage I asked how my travel expenses would be reimbursed during the job (i took my car) and was told to keep the receipt and claim it out of my taxes at the end of the year...?? Alarm bells sounded already, then asked when I'd expect to be paid, and whether the sales I made was on top of the £15-20,000 grand promised in the job ad. Then was surreptitiously told I'd be self employed and on commission only.....

Sales seem to be made pretty quick, i enjoyed the peoples company that i worked with and my trainer was very good and patient with me while I got my nerves together....he's paid my expenses till i start earning properly in a couple of weeks...

So I dunno, I'm learning huge amounts, it is a great feeling when you know you've managed to get someone to take up your offer (the product we're promoting is a good cause as its free for those who qualify, so no money exchanged unless they don't qualify and only if they're happy with the work) so ethically I've seen how we don't ram anything down anyone's throats if they don't want it, as we've not got the time!!

I didnt go into it to get to any type of management level, just to get work/money and stop me stewing in my own juices at home whilst trying to find work.....

Just dubious about how much I could actually make, and the time it is taking out of my day to look for other work (typical day is 10-11 hours)....

Clever system yes....to get the right people to buy/take up your product... just time consuming, very hard work and is definately more about lining the pockets of the people above you....

I think, the job - is just a risk you take if you are actually any good at selling products....

Don't worry about working the hours or taking time off to look for another job. You're self-employed remember. You can work when you want.:rotfl:
    I am a Mortgage Adviser and Freelance Journalist
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kripps97
    Options
    negg wrote: »
    I don't think that is entirely true. If they tell you where you have to work or what hours you work or set your wage, then you are legally employed and entitled to minimum wage. If they tell you you have to work 12 hours a day, that means you are employed.

I worked for cobra for 3 Months and they ADVISE you to turn up early so that you can invest more time in YOUR business! then they drive you somewhere that you cant get away from and then you come home in the middle of the night after making !!!! all money.

they dont tell you to work that many hours they ADVISE and once your in the field there isnt much you can do about it.

took me 3 months to start listening to my girlfriend saying that the job was a joke.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure