PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Rocky Road Marshmallow cake stuff!!

Options
Apologies in advance to Squeaky as I have saerched your wonderful recipes but cant for the life of me find a recipe for what I think is a traybake?

It is chocolate with marshmallows and biscuits I think. Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• katiecoodle
    Options
    You mean Rocky Road I think. Google for a recipe if you like to follow them.
    Or...
    melt some chocolate & add some butter to taste (don't get carried away with tasting tho, you want some left for the cake)
    mix in whatever you fancy, nuts, marshmallows, glace cherries, crushed biscuits, raisins, rice krispies etc etc
    press down into a buttered tray & put in fridge
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    The recipe I use is very similar to the one at the end of this post ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Options
    And another addictee....lol!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!

:EasterBun
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    my mum had a friend who used to make this and she called it jigsaw cake.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Google Nigella Lawsons recipe, I know you can find it as I had to do it in work for people when they tried my rocky road bars i made for a charity thing.
    They are yummy. Little tip, i make them in the large foil trays you can get from wilkinsons & similar places, easy to get out & re usable. Also, make sure you cool the mixture before adding the marshmallows or they just melt ( i did this once, oops)
  • nuttyrockeress
    Options
    I run Cake Wednesday at work (a rota of collegues that enjoy cooking and like to break up the week with cake) and Rocky Road is a massive favourite!

Always popular - have to say that (I believe it is the M&S one) the M&S one isn't anywhere near as nice as home made!!
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • skintc
    skintc Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    My family grew up on a version of this, which we called tiffin.

It was basically butter and sugar melted in a pan, then you added an egg, and mixed in crushed up digestives. Then when it's set, pour melted chocolate over it and sprinkle icing sugar on top. Best treat ever!

And if you're iffy about using an egg that doesn't get cooked, my brother has recently been using golden syrup to replace the egg, and it was just as yummy.

And a new twist he tried which was gorgeous, was to melt some smooth peanut butter, and spread that on top before adding the melted chocolate. Anyone who likes Reeses cups etc will love this.
    Mmm, actually planning on making some today, can't wait!!! :j
  • Loretta
    Loretta Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    I have a huge bag of marshmallows and I have an urge to make those bars that you don't cook with them but I cannot find a reciepe

Help!
    Loretta
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    3 tablespoons margarine
    4 cups marshmallows
    6 cups rice krispies
    cooking spray

Melt margine in large pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

Add cereal and stir until well coated.

Using buttered spatula or wax paper, press mixture evenly into pan coated with cooking spray. When cool, cut into squares.

Enjoy. yummmmm now I'm hungry for them.:rotfl:
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    Rice Krispies Treats -American classic
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts