PPI Reclaiming discussion Part III

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Boo here is the updated SAR: note some change, even underwriters paperwork on commission is requested, this is great and all thanks to Incipience.;)

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
    SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Date: xx:xx:xxxx

Dear Sir/Madam
    Name xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Account No’sXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts and credit cards accounts

I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I hold or have held with your organisation:
    1. Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.
    2. A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts with your organisation.
    3. Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
    4. Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.
    5. Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.
    6. Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.
    7. Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager, and/or payment/commission from the insurer in relation to my account.
    Where you have used abbreviations and/or codes, I would request that an accompanying sheet be provided so as to translate these abbreviations and/or codes and their meanings, I also request an accompanying appendices of the documents included and reference to the purpose or meaning to those documents.

I request that you provide all the information requested above, even though you may consider that it falls outside Data Protection.

I reserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter if an application for pre-action discovery is necessary relating to any of the documents requested herein.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Your Faithfully.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Krasnoludek
    Options
    Thank you, yes the loans we are claiming the PPI back on were both settled in full without any late payments or charges a few years back.

I just find it outrageous that having been dishonest enough to tell us we couldnt have the loan without the PPI (which was useless anyway as we both get sick pay etc) instead of paying out, they want us to pay off our overdraft with them.

The overdraft is being paid each month by Standing order and has been for almost a year, i dont see why I should choose to pay it off with the money they shouldnt have had off me, grrrr. I cant fault the way they have handled my complaint but this is taking the P

K
  • di3004
    Options
    booi666 wrote: »
    Explain how then:confused:

For the easiest I copied and pasted this to my email account and saved now in my documents.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Thank you, yes the loans we are claiming the PPI back on were both settled in full without any late payments or charges a few years back.

I just find it outrageous that having been dishonest enough to tell us we couldnt have the loan without the PPI (which was useless anyway as we both get sick pay etc) instead of paying out, they want us to pay off our overdraft with them.

The overdraft is being paid each month by Standing order and has been for almost a year, i dont see why I should choose to pay it off with the money they shouldnt have had off me, grrrr. I cant fault the way they have handled my complaint but this is taking the P

K

Damn cheek of them :eek: , its your money hun and you can and should be able to have this paid directly back to you.

The overdraft in my opinion is another issue, if they cause problems for you, tell them you will take this further.;)
  • booi666
    booi666 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    For the easiest I copied and pasted this to my email account and saved now in my documents.;)

ill have to get the kids to do it in the morning:rotfl:
    :j Let him who be deceived ,be deceived:j
  • di3004
    Options
    booi666 wrote: »
    ill have to get the kids to do it in the morning:rotfl:

There's a good boy Boo......:kisses3: ;) lol:D
  • sacbaby37
    Options
    Hi Di, me and boo were trying to keep it going alone there for a while, but we need help lol, me especially, not boo.xxxx:rotfl:
  • Krasnoludek
    Options
    Exactly. Its not like I have run off and am trying not to pay the OD. Have had 2 loans from them and both paid off early.

The Loan(s) have nothing to do with the OD and should remain separate

K
  • booi666
    booi666 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    i like the sars di,

Theres some interesting stuff in there:T

Especially where the contract bit is:eek:
    :j Let him who be deceived ,be deceived:j
  • di3004
    Options
    Exactly. Its not like I have run off and am trying not to pay the OD. Have had 2 loans from them and both paid off early.

The Loan(s) have nothing to do with the OD and should remain separate

K

That is exactly my opinion here as well.
    Don't allow them to do this, keep at them hun and remember they mis sold you these, and its down to them to put this right the way you want it.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport