I fancied a holiday!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
85 replies 6.6K views
savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
31.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Helloooooooo, I seriously need a holiday due to the cr*p year I've had this year and the monumentous amount of stress I'm under........................however don't have the time or the money at the mo to have one........................................sooooooooooooooooo thought I would have a virtual one on the Northern Ireland board!! Cool eh?? ;) ;D

So I've just landed and I don't even know what the airport is called!! And I don't know where to stay, what to eat or where to go first!!!! ::)

Can someone help?? :-/
Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)

Replies

• Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you might have landed at Belfast International Airport, but that's not really convenient for me.........so it might just be better if you landed at Belfast City Airport, then I would take you home and cook you a lovely Ulster Fry complete with home-made potato bread and soda farls.

...........but where to take you next?

Pink
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrrr didn't even know Belfast had ONE airport let alone 2!!! :o Wicked, I'm learning already!! :D
    So what's in the fry up then?? Ooops I'm veggie now! :-/
    Can I stay at yours for a couple of days to look around Belfast?? What attractions have you got there??
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course you can stay at mine........but a veggie fry? ???
    ........Well you could give the bacon and sausages a miss I suppose and just eat the eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and breads.

Right, say you arrive Saturday morning...

Breakfast.......then Belfast city centre......for some money-saving shopping.

Drive down Strangford Lough to Portaferry for lunch in the Portaferry Hotel (delicious sea-food)

Cross on the ferry and drive to Newcastle and the Mourne Mountains.

Home, (driving up the other side of Strangford Lough)..........by this stage we'd both be to knackered to do much, so a few bottles of wine and some friends round.

Sunday morning........

too hung-over to face a second Ulster Fry........lie in followed by a drive to the North Coast.

We'd 'do' the Giants Cause-way followed by lunch in the Raddison Roe Park Hotel (posh) or if in a more informal mood Charlies in Coleraine.

After lunch a walk on Portstewart Strand, followed by more shopping in Coleraine.

Home, change for evening meal in The Old Cross, Newtownards........good food, open fire, and it's Jazz night.

Monday morning......

I'd drive you back to Belfast, put you on a plane, and go home and sleep for two days.

Pink
  • arkonite_babearkonite_babe Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    But you'd have to call in and visit me too!
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, change of plan.........we meet Arconite in the U Tree for lunch on Sunday.

errrrr.......where is ahogill Ahoghill?

Pink

Edit to say: I didn't know how to spell it, sorry! Genuine question Arconite, my geography's dreadful, where is Ahoghill?
  • not-so-civilnot-so-civil Forumite
    176 Posts
    Pink-Winged for a North Downite you show your lack of culture. Do you not know that Ballymena is a suburb of Ahoghill?
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol not_so_civil!

No I didn't know that! :-[

Pink

Also :-[ that I haven't replied to your pm.......I'll tell you why tomorrow.
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're not very far from Ballymena, as not so civil has pointed out.

It lovely and wet here at the mo :(
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah that's another thing Savvy.........Don't forget your umbrella!

Pink
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    And your wellies, thermal undies and scarf ::)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals