PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• SmellyOldSock
    Options
    Hello all

I'd like to declare £298! am sooooo chuffed with myself! We also seem to be eating 'healthier without me buying all the chocs and sweeties!

Have got a notebook just for meal planning, so everyone old enough can read and see what we're having and when. Then on the back of that page I use as the next weeks shopping list, as things are finished, it gets written on!

Am now going to eat my toberlone! I deserve it!
    Toughest form of moutain climbing is climbing out of a rut
    I WILL be debt free!
    I WILL be happy!
    red pen member 4
  • ladyroughneck
    Options
    I'd like to declare £174.65 for November and please can i be added to December with £180 again please, maybe in the new year i'll try lowering it. Thanks
    :j

• mr_and_mrs_t
    Options
    :D Hi all
    Well done you all for the month. We have spent £260 for the month. Still over budget but feel positive as getting there.
    :o Cracked dh with the cheapo beans now, I mix them with a small can of the dearer type he likes. He figured that out a few weeks ago however doesn't question it.:D
    I'm not looking forward to December grocery challenge:eek: however looking forward to Christmas:D Love to know if you have any Christmas tips to not over buying.,It's been great doing the grocery challenge as there has been much less wastage every week:T and that's great.
    See you all in December, cheers mr and mrs t
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    I may well be the last to declare - but can I do so at £185 as against £160 please :o
    I will go over to the December thread and persevere with a £160 challenge - I am going to try and eat from storecupboards at the beginning of the month rather than the end and am going to try not to buy Quality Streets etc.

Thank you
    Sparkly
  • wyrdsister
    Options
    Eep, missed the last couple of days checking the forums! Maybe I'll be the last one to declare :o Declaring at £82.76 out of £110 for November, managed to do really well this month, it cut down on my snacking too knowing all my food pennies were being counted! will pop over to December and add there now :p
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
  • TheBees
    TheBees Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    The Bees are declaring at £349 for November.:j

Please put us down for £300 for December
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Declaring at £235.19 for November out of £260. December is a 5 week month for me so I will set a budget of £325.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Came in at £205 just within budget!:j
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • soulbalm
    soulbalm Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I eventually came in at £266.97 which is slightly over budget, but not dreadful.

I'd better go and amend my sig, before I join the December challenge. I think I may have to up my limit for December though ,as we have friends staying for a week and there's that big old Christmas Dinner to cook too.

x
    Grocery Challenge
    Budget / Spent
    Nov 08 £250 / £266.97 Dec 08 £275 / £88.77 as of 2/12
  • SAV3R
    SAV3R Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Ready to declare November at£444.65.

Over budget again, I keep making excuses and admit have bought quite a lot of treats, snacks, choccies, bickies, wine etc for Xmas. I will buckle down in the New Year, really must reduce this spending further. Not sure how much to budget for December, will be feeding 11 Xmas day so need to include Turkey - which reminds me, haven't ordered that yet - dread to think how much it will be.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure