We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• shoperholicnot
    shoperholicnot Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 January 2014 at 10:42AM
    Options
    El Toro Cigarrillos Naturales . Fabulous.
  • Skymist
    Skymist Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :hello:

Been vaping since 1st November, bar a couple of analogue puffs on Xmas day :embarasse, after a lifetime of too many cigs and a COPD diagnosis, and am loving it :D

The info I'm after....and believe me I've scoured the net looking for answers and come up with zilch, no matter how I word the question....is:-

How much, in terms of electricity , does it cost to recharge a battery....mine's an 1100mAh?

I know that using ecigs IS far cheaper than smoking fags, but I haven't seen/read anywhere where somebody has factored in this cost as well!

Anyone any info/website/knowledge about this?

TIA

S
  • shoperholicnot
    Options
    Skymist wrote: »

How much, in terms of electricity , does it cost to recharge a battery....mine's an 1100mAh?

S

about 3 Watts an hour
  • karmacookie
    Options
    Skymist wrote: »
    Hi all :hello:

Been vaping since 1st November, bar a couple of analogue puffs on Xmas day :embarasse, after a lifetime of too many cigs and a COPD diagnosis, and am loving it :D

The info I'm after....and believe me I've scoured the net looking for answers and come up with zilch, no matter how I word the question....is:-

I know that using ecigs IS far cheaper than smoking fags, but I haven't seen/read anywhere where somebody has factored in this cost as well!

Anyone any info/website/knowledge about this?

TIA

S

charge it at work :)
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    charge it at work :)
    only if that's allowed, some employers let staff charge their mobile phone, I expect it would be the same for e-cig
  • Skymist
    Skymist Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    THANKS A MILLION shoperholicnot :beer:

That...after a quick web search....means it costs VERY little for the 3 hours/recharge, right? Which is great!!! :T

I'm an OAP karmacookie, so not working any more, hence why I was wondering about the cost of charging my batteries!

S
  • blastarhymes
    Options
    I charge mine via usb on my playstation, - technically its free as i'm paying to game, lol :)
  • claire1977_2
    Options
    Hi all, myself and Hubby have just done our first week using vapouriz gemini ecig after 25 yrs of smoking, just wondered if anyone knew the best place to buy the refills as we used to smoke tobacco our friends bought from abroad it is actually working out dearer for us to use the ecig.
    Thanks Claire
  • digoffpage
    Options
    Thanks blastarhymes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts