Ask a CCCS counsellor a question

Options

Comments

• Kron
    Kron Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you ever so much for your replies and help. I rang the co-op today and they were so helpful. They've given me the account number and sort code so hopefully the wages will get paid into there.

Karen
  • poohbearmufc
    Options
    Hi, I start my DMP 1st November. The only debt I haven't included is a loan attached to my mortgage. Is that alright? I really don't want to rock the boat with my mortgage company....

Any advice please??

Nikki
    :eek: Total debt £36,875 :mad:
    DMP mutual support number 245
    DMP starts November 08 - Current debt £36,875
    DFD Jan 2015 or Sooner
    Proud to be dealing with OUR debt !:rolleyes:
  • hula-hoops
    Options
    Hi there

I have sent off to start a DMP with CCCS. My problem is that part of my income is commission. I work in sales and am paid a basic plus commission if I meet my sales targets (which I have managed to do every month for 9 years now) and a bonus for being a 'star performer' (which I sometimes get).

I have put my income as my average monthly take-home pay but what happens if I have a really good month and make a lot more commission? Do I need to pay it to CCCS for them to throw at the debts or do I just keep it for myself? I have got to the stage where I just want to clear it as fast as possible so if I make a bit extra I want to use that to pay off some debt rather than buy a load of clothes!
    [FONT=&quot]I am a Travel Agent [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My company’s ATOL/ABTA numbers are E7760/3970. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. Atol numbers can be checked with the Civil Aviation Authority. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.[/FONT]
  • Toffee_Penny
    Options
    We are on a DMP and we have had letters from DCA's telling us some accounts have been 'escalated' to them or one of the creditors has 'passed' it on to them to deal with (although the language they use isn't really clear)

I know some could be from the standard in house collector but shouldn't we be notified officially from the creditor that a new DCA will be dealing with the account from now on?

It gets a tad confusing when you receive letters from several addresses for the same account, who should you deal with? If you receive letters from several places should you CCA all of them?

thanks in advance but this debt game gets very confusing at times :o
    DMP support thread member 211 :cool:
    I'm only here to get some medals......honest! :D
  • callywally
    Options
    Hello,

I am starting a dmp with cccs in nov. I have recieved a default notice from a creditor. What should I do next?
    Thanks
    sonnyboy
  • sarriep
    sarriep Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't worry,you should expect your creditors to default you. I think it's a good sign and a step towards them possibly stopping the interest. It sounds scary but is what happens when they don't get their money! :)
    :eek: LBM August 2008:eek:
    Total debt £51914.74 Paid off so far £47,611 DMP started November 08 Current debt £4,303.73
    Proud to be dealing with OUR debt ! :T
  • sylviemylove
    Options
    Hi I have been on a dmp for 4 months, it's actually been lovely to feel like a human being again, being able to make my payments...
    I owe 1700 cc to Abbey and 13000(gulp) loan to A +L. I got a default notice from a+l this morning saying if I don't pay the rest of the loan now they will take me to court.

My baby is due in 5 weeks and I am terrified. I haven't missed a payment, and while it's nowhere near the whole amount I have been paying 35%.

What will they do?
    What should I do?
    Should I contact them? They say they strongly reccommend that I do.

Sorry I know someone just asked this but I am so bloody hormonal and tearful. Also my DH doesn't know about my situation (I know I know it's stupid) and I am terrified that bailiffs will suddenly show up while I'm in hospital.

Thanks.
  • sallyjo_2
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a CCCS client and one of my creditors is Halifax bank. I received a letter from them this week, usual probably mass computer generated to all of their debtors with special arrangements with a full demand for the entire amount I owe. I usually reply to remind them of my DMP etc, and I have done so. They have always accepted the DMP and apart from their harrassing phone calls which I now know how to avoid, it has been manageable.
    However, I wonder, and worry, that with their current situation and exposure, whether their response to debtors in trouble might change and they will become less sympathetic and try to seize every asset they can.
    Is there any activity amongst other CCCS clients that indicate this change in direction by Halifax or other of the banks in trouble?
    Thank you.
    SJ
    Sally Jo
    Almost debt free! About 4 months to go!! YEAH
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." Dickens-from David Copperfield
  • sallyjo_2
    Options
    Hi,

After sending my question above, I found the front page headline in the Sunday Times today re banks exploiting a loophole and increasing their issuance of charge orders for credit card debt arrears, forcing the sale of homes to pay the smallest of debts.

Is anything being done to close that loophole? especially with all the press about protecting homeowners? Has CCCS taken a stand on it and what strategy should a homeowner take if a creditor tries this, even if they are being paid regularly on a DMP basis.

Thank you.
    Sally Jo
    Almost debt free! About 4 months to go!! YEAH
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." Dickens-from David Copperfield
  • fuzzypeg
    Options
    Hi I hope someone can give me some advice.

My husband owns (has recently bought) his company and we scraped together funds from loans, overdrafts and credit cards, which we are now struggling to service as the interest rates have all gone up.

We are seriously considering entering into a DMP but can anyone advise if the DMP would consider the business as an asset and demand it be sold to clear the debt? And is it even possible to enter a DMP if you are a company director -are the two compatible?

DH is unable to remove funds from the company as yet, until the previous directors have been paid off, which will take at least 2 years.

Please help, we do not know what action to take :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport