Icesave - 11 Days Later & We Are No Wiser

Options
Since Icesave crashed and froze our accounts last week, we are really no wiser as to what is happening to our money!

Who is paying us and when will we receive the forms, what is the estimated time we will see money back?

These are all question we want an answer to!
Yes thank you Gordon Brown & Alistair Darling for saying we will all get our money back, but we need to be kept informed.
If we search the FSA or FSCS there are no new updates, we have to search news sites for the latest information.

We were told by the FSCS we would hear by last Friday, now it's this Friday, I have read somewhere that forms will go out next week?
While I appreciate that things do take time, and unlike some people we don’t need the money now, it's for our future, I sympathize with those that need the money now or very soon.

We need to be kept informed; it's not too much to ask is it?
GB, AD, FSA & FSCS give us a quick but regular update please (it takes minutes to keep us informed), stop the concern, worry and speculation of the 300,000 UK investors!

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

Comments

• Stavros_3
    Stavros_3 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Gave up reading this halfway through, not because I don't have sympathy, its because of the bloody font, please change it
    Liquidity is when you look at your investment portfolio and **** your pants
  • st
    st Posts: 3,461 Forumite
    Options
    Stavros wrote: »
    Gave up reading this halfway through, not because I don't have sympathy, its because of the bloody font, please change it

oh why pick on the person -when we all have more important matters such as gettiing our money back
  • meunier
    meunier Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    I spoke to people at FSCS yesterday they said forms would go out in 'a week or two'. Patience ... Shakespeare taught us ... sits like virtue on a monument.

I look up and gaze in wonder.
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    Yup, it's like standing on an underground tube platform with no train even signalled. You know there isn't a strike so there will be a train - sometime - but it could be ages away.
  • iamesbo
    iamesbo Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    It will take a while to print all the money, be patient. :A
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'll take a cheque thanks
  • iamesbo
    iamesbo Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    Can't do that, you might try to cash it :rotfl:
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    :T Well there is that
  • Geoffo_M
    Geoffo_M Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The daily mail yesterday said it would take 3 to 6 months for the money to be repaid - possibly longer. Just got to be patient I suppose, and be thankful that eventually we will get our cash back.
  • Transalper
    Options
    It's a bit like buying or selling a house, you get the good news, then the paperwork go's into the hands of the "professionals" that slow the process down and get paid an awful lot for doing it.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure