We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

One Account rates cut

Options

Comments

• yus786
    yus786 Posts: 663 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with the One Account for 7 years now but maybe it's time to leave.

I'm looking at ING ...
  • bunking_off
    bunking_off Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Options
    jackarmy wrote: »
    According to the RBS intermediary site the account is closed to new customers.

Seems a bit strange that as of Tuesday afternoon (at least) they were still advertising it on TV, then...
    I really must stop loafing and get back to work...
  • Digsy00
    Digsy00 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    I've been with the OA for 8 years, a very good flexible product, but as they are not reducing the rates, I've decided to leave. If that's their plan to reduce the morgage books fine, but I'll make sure I'm in a better position because of it.
    Nationwide are currently offering a Variable Base Mortgage Rate which is currently at 1.69 above BOE base. it isn't a tracker, but GUARANTEES to be no more than 2% above BOE base rate. There is also no collar. No setup or admin fees (except I think a 95 fee for closing the mortgage).
    Looks like the best on the market at the moment. Overpayments, underpayments and payment holidays are allowed, so almost a flexible as the OA. Interest calculated daily
    The only other offering which comes close is the First Direct tracker, but they don't do the same income multiplier so I can't borrow enough to pay off the OA, otherwise I'd be going with them.
    I plan to make substantial overpayments in the next 2 years while interest rates are going to be very low.
    Cheers
    Digsy
  • serendipity101
    Options
    Has anyone ben lucky enought to get an answer from The One Account regarding a reduction to their SVR mortgage rate.
    Have tried ringing but only get as far as being told 'they are waiting to be told from Head Office' ahhh................it is so frustrating.
  • jackarmy
    Options
    http://www.rbsip.com/one-account-01.asp?page=ONE-ACCOUNT/PRODUCTS

Here's the link as at 20.32 hrs Thursday 20th November 2008
  • Nikki29
    Options
    If you go to flexibleoneaccount.co.uk and click on the one account mortgage calculator, when you put in the BOE base rate of 3% it gives a one account iterest rate of 4.8%...and thats not what im paying. Ive contacted one account and thay are going to look into it, either the rate has been cut and nobody knows, but more likely they have the rate linked to the base rate and haven't changed it, just a little misleading!
  • magburner
    Options
    This isn't a One Account web site, it is a mortgage broker who clearly have their numbers wrong
  • Digsy00
    Options
    Very interesting, I found this link
    https://service.oneaccount.com/DAPP/fmocurrent.do
    which indicates that the rates offered are 6.05% or 5.74% to new borrowers for 12 months?
    what's that all about?
  • lrr_2
    lrr_2 Posts: 945 Forumite
    Options
    This is totally new! Looks like they are passing it on to new customers and not us!
  • rinkydinkpanther
    Options
    Digsy00 wrote: »
    Very interesting, I found this link
    https://service.oneaccount.com/DAPP/fmocurrent.do
    which indicates that the rates offered are 6.05% or 5.74% to new borrowers for 12 months?
    what's that all about?

Hmm, that link (designed for non-customers) quotes their typical rate as 6.05% rather than the 6.2% it still quotes on the customer site. So it looks like they are passing on a cut of one tenth of the BOE cut (0.15% against 1.5%). Not exactly generous is it ?

They also appear to have increased their max LTV for new customers from 75% to 85%. The 12 month intro discount rate of 5.74% for new customers (a 0.31% cut off their quoted typical rate) now comes with a £499 arrangement fee (was previously zero).

I just wish they'd announce it properly, so that I can start planning accordingly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure