Foofighters thread for disney

Options

Comments

• furrybloke
    Options
    It could be to do with the laws on raffles & lotteries & Foo's draw breaching them. I am sure something can be sorted though. If it is just to do with details just take peoples user names then you only get the winners details.
  • Tricia_^^
    Tricia_^^ Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Foofighter, I hope you get this sorted - even if you dont - I wish you all the very best for future competitions, i'm certain your generosity will give you luck.
    What goes around comes around !! Simple but very true :rotfl:
  • andie-g
    andie-g Posts: 133 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope this all gets sorted out for you, it was with best intentions and you are a fab MSE`ER. :A
    (got to go to work now, but hopefully it gets sorted before the day is out)

andrea
  • PRINCESSKERRY
    Options
    kipper wrote: »
    Unfortunately people would sign up just to get a chance like that, look how many people we had with 1-10 posts saying they had won big prizes from the comps ending lists, sites like this have serial lurkers who will sign up when the time is right and this would have been one of those opportunities.

I agree with this on every forum I am a member of we have problems like this, if there is ever a giveaway it nearly always goes to very new members as they lurk around watching for these things. It is a shame they do not contribute anything themself to these websites but instead just take.:rolleyes:

Still there is far more generous and giving people on here then there are takers.:D
    Competition wins - 09/03 - £500 ELC Vouchers 11/04 - Lush Goodies 21/04 - Gillette Fusion Gift Pack 22/05 - Mirrors DVD 29/05 - Return Flights to London & £500 29/05 - £50 Homebase Gift Vouchers 20/09 - Remote Control Helicopter 28/09 - £225 Bingo Win 05/10 £25 Photobox Vouchers 16/09 £90 Cash 30/11 £29 Cash 03/01 £20 03/04 Fifa Football :T
  • whitty999
    whitty999 Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Options
    who actually got the disney?
    Lucky No27
    .D.E.F..H..J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R..U..X.Y.Z
    V,T,B,S,A,C,I,G,W
  • merlinormartin
    Options
    The MSE team done a similar "give away" for ski tickets; people left their name etc :whistle: ..... perhaps you should have informed the "mse team" and let one of them start the "give-away" ? ..... very sorry foofighter :grouphug:
    "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
  • Muffy0
    Muffy0 Posts: 4,387 Forumite
    Options
    :confused: I had to give my details for the energenie :confused:
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But surely Foo wasn't taking any details, just MSE names, until the draw, so theres not really any exchange of details.

So sorry to see this hun, it was a lovely offer.
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    Options
    Can you try and search on Google for a cached page of it? Unfortunately I didn't see the thread anyway, but very generous of you.

Edit: No I tried searching, and it doesn't come up as cached I assume because it's been deleted. Did notice it advertised on other sites though..

If you do a draw from this thread please include me ;):o
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • CheekyLittleMonkey
    Options
    I was reading this thread last night and the site was sooo slow it kept crashing on me. It is a truly wonderful gesture Foofighter proposed, you are an Angel, and I hope someone does benefit from your generosity and thoughtfulness. I must admit though, reading the replies that I was shocked (or was I? :rolleyes: ) at all the really newbies that came out of the woodwork and posted for a chance and SOME had literally just joined for a chance to enter this. :mad: I'm all for giving someone a chance but really some people make my blood boil. All they want to do is take and not even contribute or give anything in return. (And NO, I did not ask to be put in the 'hat').

Foofighter you had the best intentions and at least you tried. I think you a truly a wonderful person and its a pity in this sad, sad world there are not many more like you. (I've just nomintated you for post of the month, pity they don't do post of the year). :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure