We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

3 year car service/MOT

13»

Comments

  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,695
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I think they're offering me a bum deal too! I've phoned round some other Ford owners I know, and no one paid over £200 for their 3 year service and MOT!! I'm now quite sure they're trying to sell me something I don't need! Will phone them up and tell them that I want the original service they quoted (£175 for service and MOT).

    Thanks for the help everyone.

    Edit: Well I phoned them, and apparently the £300 service/MOT is to keep my car within its warranty. This would be the 3 year warranty that ends 31st October 2008... so basically they were trying to get me to pay another £125 for a whole 3 week warranty. Pah!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

    No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Shop around. If you're in Durham (I think you said you were) there is a Nationwide AutoCentre at the Arnison Centre. Smaller independants might be worth asking aswell. MOTs you could either go with the likes of Nationwide offering half price MOTs or send it to a council MOT centre, they don't do work on the cars so won't be looking for work to bump the price up.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.