We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Snowman Soup Questions (merged)

1…111112114116117…120

Comments

  • danielag
    danielag Posts: 292 Forumite
    Do you buy your bags from ebay, want to try these this year, thanks
  • chirpychick
    chirpychick Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    i was also wondering how to search for the bags as i dont know what theyre called if that makes sense.
    Everything is always better after a cup of tea
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    i was also wondering how to search for the bags as i dont know what theyre called if that makes sense.

    search for cello cones.
  • Have just bought some mini marshmallows (pink and white) from B&M Homestores for 39p for a 100g bag so I'm pleased about that bu tdoes anyone know where to get reasonably priced chocolate chips (preferably milk and white)? I'm making mine for a school fundraiser so need to be cheap..also if you selll yours how much for?
    Thanks
    Lizzie
  • danielag
    danielag Posts: 292 Forumite
    Which hot choc do you use, been looking around for offers?
    thanks
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Hi everyone. I'm all set with everything I need to make these but how far in advance do you usually make them up? TIA x
  • danielag wrote: »
    Which hot choc do you use, been looking around for offers?
    thanks

    Sainsburys and Tesco both do a value/basics hot chocolate which I've bought - tasted it and I'm more than happy with that. I'm doing for a school fundraiser so my margins need to be good ;) Poundland and Home Bargains have Cadbury's on offer at the mo for a 220g pot if you want to be posh!!
    HTH?
    Lizzie
  • pearsoneys
    pearsoneys Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    Lou05 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm all set with everything I need to make these but how far in advance do you usually make them up? TIA x

    I've made mine already!

    I bought tesco hot chocolate. was just an average price. i must admit it didnt go as far as i thought it would but fortunately i had some in the cupboard. ours are for friends so i did make sure it was ok first as soemtimes they dont taste of anything! i found sainsburys awful previously!
  • danielag
    danielag Posts: 292 Forumite
    Have just bought some mini marshmallows (pink and white) from B&M Homestores for 39p for a 100g bag so I'm pleased about that bu tdoes anyone know where to get reasonably priced chocolate chips (preferably milk and white)? I'm making mine for a school fundraiser so need to be cheap..also if you selll yours how much for?
    Thanks
    Lizzie

    They only had 99p bags at my B&Ms, will try another store, I'm also looking for choc chips if anyone has any suggestions?
    thanks
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    My local Poundland had some snowman plastic tumbers. They aren't the prettiest ones, but they were 4 for £1, so you can't really go wrong.

    I did see them last year, but didn't get them and then they sold out, so grab them as soon as you see them.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.