£50 from Post Office Car or Home Insurance Cashback voucher code (+Quidco)

Options

Comments

• Lucid_2
    Lucid_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Lucid wrote: »
    Anyway after seeing Adam's post I've just phoned them back and explained what I'd been told this morning (which is obviously completely incorrect) and said that I'd just gone through as a new applicant and seen that you can enter a branch code online. I asked if I could apply the branch code to my policy to get the cashback and was told yes - so I'm really pleased I called back. My backup was going to be to cancel the policy and if they didn't budge to reapply. I was told that the cashback will take 60 days to be posted to me - is this in line with what others have experienced?

Hi everyone. I thought I would update as I've just checked my bank statement online this morning and found a credit of £50 from BANK CREDIT BISL CLAIMS ACCOUNT. I was wondering what this was but saw that my car insurance direct debit is made to the BISL BACS ACCOUNT. So they've paid the £50 cashback directly into my account instead of posting a cheque - it's about 87 days after I contacted them.

I also got £21.40 cashback from TopCashback - £20 plus £1.40 in Cashback Topups - so am pretty pleased.

Lucid :)
  • ajkey76
    ajkey76 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    My confirmation of insurance arrived with confirmation of the cashback. Thankyou so much to this site. I've saved a fortune. In fact I may have even earned money when buying my insurance!
  • adam2484
    adam2484 Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ajkey76 wrote: »
    My confirmation of insurance arrived with confirmation of the cashback. Thankyou so much to this site. I've saved a fortune. In fact I may have even earned money when buying my insurance!

You made money!??? does that mean your insurance was so cheap they will be paying you overall. if so you should let the site know because there's a comp to see who can get the cheapest - current record is £14 but if yours is minus x pounds then you might be put on the site and become famous lol

:money::beer:
  • ajkey76
    ajkey76 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    No it wasn't as cheap as that. Each year I put aside £600ish to pay my car insurance.. This year it has come to about £200 but you have to take off quidco and this extra cashback. I was left with a spare £400 which I topped up to £500 and invested in a 1 year post office growth bond at 4.4%. A great start as a MSE newb i reckon.
  • adam2484
    Options
    could someone upload the confirmation leaflet you get... please???
  • adam2484
    Options
    just to bump this thread and report on my renewal experience

the PO were the cheapest again according to moneysupermarket. I went online but each time i did it kept saying i already had a policy and to please phone up.

As i wanted quidco and the PO offer i spelt my name slightly wrong and it then let me complete the transaction online and through quidco. When the policy documents came last week i rang to inform the PO of a spelling mistake. They changed it and yesterday I received a new insurance certificate with all the right details on. Quidco is also showing as validated.

I think this is a good tip for anyone wanting to renew and get quidco at the same time. I wouldn't have got the £25 cashback using the leaflet code either had i rang up.
  • leighduffy
    Options
    hi adam

just wondering how you've got on this time (and last for that matter) with receiving your 2x cashbacks.
    i used the branch code you provided on the post office website and when I received my quote confirmation there was no mention of any cashback with it, or in the email confirmation I received from PO- not even confirmation that the voucher had been accepted. Did you also experience this?
    When i phoned PO to check whether or not it had gone through the operator i spoke to was adamant that i could not receive both the PO cashback offer and one from quidco/topcashback or the like! Which is why i was wondering how you fared?
    At the moment I'm stuck in limbo abit, having to either sign up online and hope that the online cashback from the cashback company goes through but not knowing whether i will receive my PO cashback in future or forfeitting the online cashback and order over the phone where at least I will be confident that my PO cashback voucher has been registered!
    Couple that with the fact the PO cashbacks havent got great feedback on the TopCashBack site comments and you'll hopefully see my predicament!
    Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Leigh
  • adam2484
    Options
    hi,

usually cashback operators don't know if you've got the cashback or not. i have had no problems in getting the cashback. I usually recommend seeing quidco tracking stats to see how well the cashback tracks. If it tracks poorly then go through quidco because they do the sureshop thing.

also on quidco the PO tracks as 'validated' which means you will get the cashback. My quidco tracked on the sunday after i bought insuarance on a saturday.

As for the PO cashback i got a leaflet which is similar to the one posted here http://i33.tinypic.com/8vnu4g.jpg
    i can't scan the new one because i'm awaiting my new one from dell!

If worse comes to worse then you could buy the insurance and if quidco does not track/ you dont get the £25 PO offer then you could cancel the policy (within 14 days). The PO offer is described at http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump2?catId=19300223&mediaId=19300227

let us know how you get on.
  • leighduffy
    Options
    hi adam

thanks for your response - good advice regarding the 14-day cancellation period as a 'back-up plan'! :T

one other thing - when you went through the PO online order process did you get any confirmation that the cashback leaflet code had been accepted / validated? or do you just assume that all is OK?

thanks again - will let you know how i fare

leigh.
  • leighduffy
    Options
    hi all

just to report back on my progress - in the end i went with Swinton for my car insurance as they have a promotion offering £40 cashback with new policies at the moment! (promo code on their homepage) - all it involves is printing out a form they email to you and send back to them (recorded delivery obviously!) & they then send you a cheque within 3 months of the policy being taken out.
    not quite as cheap as post office, who were market leaders for me, but i liked the guarantee of knowing the cashback would definitely be paid - something i felt the post office transaction process lacked!
    quote was around £20 more expensive than PO, but when you consider the £40 CB + £50 Quidco (which tracked next day) despite only being advertised as £40 when i followed the Quidco link vs the £25 + £25 offered for PO the final price came in waaay cheaper!! :T
    and just to round things off I added AA Breakdown cover for £7 compliments once again of Quidco!!
    Thanks for all the advice guys and hopefully this post can be of some help to others!!

Leigh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport