£50 from Post Office Car or Home Insurance Cashback voucher code (+Quidco)

Options

Comments

• MissThrifty_2
    Options
    I would think REALLY carefully before taking out car insurance with the PO - they may be the cheapest around but personally, I wish I'd never touched them with a bargepole.

I had a horrible experience yesterday with a really rude person in their customer service, who shouted at me, refused to let me speak to a supervisor and wouldn't give their name when I asked. I'd only phoned because my policy documents hadn't arrived! The customer service woman was trying to charge me £20 to get them sent out. I was not a happy bunny.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team
  • adam2484
    adam2484 Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had that once with another company - norwich union. I said it was no problem that they wouldn't give their name because the phone call was being recorded. I always hit the record button as soon as a conversation starts to turn sour. Seriously shook them up and also got me 50pound compensation wiith 'action to be taken against those involved.'
  • Loopy_Lobes
    Options
    I took out home insurance back in early October and am still waiting for my cashback.

Not quite 60 days yet so fingers crossed it will be banked soon.
  • adam2484
    Options
    I took my insurance out at the end of november and have heard nothing yet. but it says you get paid between 60 and 70 days so have to wait till then.

also, offer extended to the 31st March
  • bitsnbytes
    Options
    Do these codes still work :confused: I'm getting the same quotes with or without the branch code. Currently the PO has one of the better quotes and with quidco (£27.20) and a promo code I could have a bargain. Any suggestions?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    bitsnbytes wrote: »
    I'm getting the same quotes with or without the branch code.

This code is to get cashback after you have taken out the policy.

So the quotes you are getting won't alter whether or not you input the code.
  • bitsnbytes
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    This code is to get cashback after you have taken out the policy.

So the quotes you are getting won't alter whether or not you input the code.
    Thanks for that Quentin :T Does this mean that I'll receive a letter with the cashback information that I need to take to the PO and get the cashback :confused: Sorry if I seem a bit thick, but if I do enter some other PO code can I still take it to my local PO?

By your response, I take it this promo code is still valid?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Regarding whether or not the code is still valid, see posts #1 and #15.

According to the info in post #1, you get contacted by the po after taking out a policy.

They send you a cheque.
  • adam2484
    Options
    I got my cashback a while ago now.

the money was credited to the credit card i payed with. It shows up as ww w.postofficeins.co.uk or something. (space in between the link because it's not a proper web link.
  • bitsnbytes
    Options
    adam2484 wrote: »
    I got my cashback a while ago now.

the money was credited to the credit card i payed with. It shows up as ww w.postofficeins.co.uk or something. (space in between the link because it's not a proper web link.

Thanks Adam :T I know your first post mentions this, however I just need to confirm if this offer is still valid and if I put in that branch code I'll get the £50 cashback.

Thanks for the help :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport