£50 from Post Office Car or Home Insurance Cashback voucher code (+Quidco)

Options

Comments

• Lucid_2
    Options
    Hi. I took out car insurance through the Post Office yesterday. I used Top Cashback to link through to them and also had a leaflet with a branch code on it. However during the online process I never found a box for entering the branch code for the £50 cashback promotion. By the time I got to the end of the application (where I thought it might ask me) I had submitted my application and it was too late to go back. I filled out an online enquiry about this straight away but after seeing they can take up to 7 days to reply I thought I best phone them this morning. I have just spoken to someone from customer services who took down the branch code and said she'd try to enter it for me right then. Then she had to put me on hold and when she came back on she said that the reason I hadn't had an opportunity to enter the branch code was because I was doing it online and you already get an online discount, and therefore can't get two offers. I read out the part on their car insurance web page that says:
    Branch offer

Want to know about our exclusive offer on car insurance? Go into a Post Office® branch, pick up a leaflet, and enter the branch code when asked during the online application process. (Branch code found on the back of the leaflet).
    She said that that is wrong and that people can only get the cashback by phoning a number and taking out the quote that way. I've taken a screen shot, saved the web page and printed the web page to show time and date with the intention of writing a letter to them, because I think as it says on there that I can enter the code online to get the cashback that they should honour this. Obviously after reading through this thread it is clear that other people have been able to enter this code online and get the cashback this way, but I just wanted to double check if anyone else has known this to not work.

Thanks, Lucid :)
  • adam2484
    adam2484 Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    np bitsnbytes.

Hey Lucid,

How did you miss it!? I went through quidco and entered the office code on the second screen and have since been paid £50 plus £25 from quidco.

x6akuv.jpg
  • bitsnbytes
    Options
    Thanks adam, I just bought my policy online. However, it seems that quidco and topcashback have revoked the £27 on the PO home insurance they were offering earlier. So I went through freefivers which offers £20 (http://www.freefivers.co.uk/gotoretailer.php?id=791 plus £5 for signing up (if you don't have a freefiver account) so effectively £25. I have no idea how free fivers is, hopefully they should track and payout.

So with all the cashback my renewal comes to £188.48 which is not too bad considering my renewal quote from directline was for £331. A saving of £143 :beer:

Thanks everyone for the help, now just to sit back and wait for the cashbacks :D I'll keep you posted

BTW, I thought I'd support my local PO and put in their branch code instead of he one Adam gave me. The leaflet from my local PO didn't mention anything about the £50 cashback, however, I called the post office and they said that the leaflets might be old and the cashback should still be valid. Fingers crossed!
  • Lucid_2
    Options
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for that. I think the reason I missed it (apart from not reading through properly before I took the insurance out yesterday) was that a week ago I used Go Compare to find the cheapest quote and when the Post Office came up I clicked through from there and entered all my details. At that time I didn't know about the branch cashback offer. When I found I had to pay a deposit amount on a card I couldn't arrange the insurance until I'd been paid yesterday. By this time I'd found out about the cashback offer and got a leaflet from my local branch. But when I clicked through from Top Cashback the Post Office recognised my details and retrieved my quote - which was auto filled. I was looking for the branch code section but must have only glossed over the first page.

Anyway after seeing Adam's post I've just phoned them back and explained what I'd been told this morning (which is obviously completely incorrect) and said that I'd just gone through as a new applicant and seen that you can enter a branch code online. I asked if I could apply the branch code to my policy to get the cashback and was told yes - so I'm really pleased I called back. My backup was going to be to cancel the policy and if they didn't budge to reapply. I was told that the cashback will take 60 days to be posted to me - is this in line with what others have experienced?

Thanks for your help. Lucid :)
  • adam2484
    adam2484 Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes not counting the days exactly but mine came in between the 60-70days it said it would
  • Lucid_2
    Options
    Thanks again Adam. :)
  • bitsnbytes
    Options
    Lucid wrote: »
    Thanks again Adam. :)
    Might be better to click on the post_thanks.gif button on his post, will up his 'thanked' count :D

Glad it all worked out, I'll have to wait for my cashback. BTW, did the leaflet from your PO have the £50 cashback written on it?
  • Lucid_2
    Options
    bitsnbytes wrote: »
    Might be better to click on the post_thanks.gif button on his post, will up his 'thanked' count :D

Glad it all worked out, I'll have to wait for my cashback. BTW, did the leaflet from your PO have the £50 cashback written on it?

:rotfl:As you can see I'm new to posting on this forum so hadn't noticed that there until you said. I have thanked Adam for both of his posts. My leaflet from my branch just around the corner was a very old one (it had the year 2007 on). It did mention the £50 cashback but it didn't say anything about doing it online, as the newer ones seem to. When I picked it up yesterday the lady at the counter said she wasn't sure if it was still valid. I said it was so she wrote the branch code on there. They are a tiny branch so probably don't get many people asking for the leaflets. :)
  • bitsnbytes
    Options
    :rotfl:As you can see I'm new to posting on this forum so hadn't noticed that there until you said.
    We were all new here once :) Welcome to forums, although I'm relatively new myself :)
    My leaflet from my branch just around the corner was a very old one (it had the year 2007 on). It did mention the £50 cashback but it didn't say anything about doing it online, as the newer ones seem to. When I picked it up yesterday the lady at the counter said she wasn't sure if it was still valid. I said it was so she wrote the branch code on there. They are a tiny branch so probably don't get many people asking for the leaflets. :)
    I'm not sure how old mine is then since it does not mention anything about the £50 cashback :confused: I really hope it comes through with the cashback from freefivers. Did you go through any cashback site as well?
  • Lucid_2
    Options
    Thanks bitsnbytes. I've been using MSE for quite a while now and occasionally use the forums to read through others' advice, but have never needed to post until now. I think as long as you've got your branch's code to put in then it should work - I don't think it matters which leaflet you've got. I went through TopCashback but it hasn't tracked yet. I should get £20 cashback when it does.

Lucid :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport