RBOS Royalties Gold account benefits

Options
13»

Comments

• omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I knowits ayear old but what type of Visa Card do you gert with this account? Is it a full Visa?
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, a full Visa.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    There is an overdraft facility of £250 "free". There is an arguement that states you can get mobile insurance, travel insurance etc for less than the £155.40 per year it costs to run the account and if you are always in the black then perhaps you should just downgrade to the royalties account which does'nt charge an account fee.

Yes there is a fee!
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »
    Royalties has a fee also. It would be a plain current account ('standard bank account', on the website) the OP would need to downgrade to.

it's called a select account now.
  • Mikeyboy123_2
    Options
    Royalties Gold Travel advertise 10% of any scheduled or chartered flight, however it still works out more expensive than buying the flight direct from First Choice who supply the flight to Royalties Gold Travel!!!

Is the 10% off a false benefit?
  • aylithuk
    aylithuk Posts: 463 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Royalties Gold Travel advertise 10% of any scheduled or chartered flight, however it still works out more expensive than buying the flight direct from First Choice who supply the flight to Royalties Gold Travel!!!

Is the 10% off a false benefit?

No it's not false.

Do remember when you book a holiday or flight online you are getting ' online discounts' already.

When the travel service phone up First Choice for example they won't get that discount you get.

They discount the full price of the flight (Not duty, taxes or booking fee) by 10%. That is why it doesn't always work out cheaper.

Saying that so far I've saved with this account (last year)
    25% cashback on 2 tickets
    £162 on a Virgin package holiday and I didn't get charged a credit card fee either
    £60 it would of cost to get rid of a wasp nest if I got the council to do it
    £30 on 2 flight tickets to Dubai.

Like all these accounts, if you are not going to use the benifits or take advantage of the better overdraft interest rates (if you live in your overdraft) then it's most like not cost effective and you shouldn't have one.

Disclaimer - I work for NatWest.
  • Mikeyboy123_2
    Mikeyboy123_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 28 March 2012 at 8:46PM
    Options
    Thanks for the info.

I have looked at a few flights now comparing First Choice and RBS Royalties Gold and I have not yet seen one cheaper with RBS. In my eyes this is not a benefit worth getting the account for. I would suggest anyone reading the following enticement on the web site to think carefully before going ahead with the account.

'10% off any scheduled or charter airline ticket'???????????

Unfortunately I don't think you can check out the RBS prices until you have taken the account.

Clever or what ????
  • aylithuk
    aylithuk Posts: 463 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mikeboy123

As with all bank package accounts. If you don't save more then the monthly price then you don't want/need the account.

I have to say if you came asking to upgrade/open the account I'd tell you to rethink because just using the account for this benfit alone won't make/save you money on that benfit alone.

That's why they are called package accounts as you need to use the 'whole package' for the monthly fee to become worth while.

Disclaimer - I work for NatWest
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport