RBOS Royalties Gold account benefits

Options

Comments

• Rolandtheroadie
    Options
    I believe it also now offers breakdown cover, worth looking into.
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    -MRS_T- wrote: »
    yes we do all live at the same address. thank you so much for the clarification.

kind regards

Not a problem. Though bear in mind the travel insurance isn't free, it's merely one of several things you pay for per month. When you're back check it's still for you as many people are unaware of the whole package and miss out on things they'd use or simply have it when they shouldn't.
  • -MRS_T-
    -MRS_T- Posts: 2,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chambta wrote: »
    Not a problem. Though bear in mind the travel insurance isn't free, it's merely one of several things you pay for per month. When you're back check it's still for you as many people are unaware of the whole package and miss out on things they'd use or simply have it when they shouldn't.

Yes you are right thank you for the reminder. I have a £500 overdraft at the moment so as soon as I pay that off I will be downgrading this account to a normal one as it costs me £12.95 per month for the actual account and about £6 interest for the overdraft so defo savings I could be making.

I had a look at atlas travel insurance and they are much cheaper than this.
  • belljul
    Options
    I have been a RBS royalties gold for ages when i had a cheap car loan. I have used it for travel insurance but the best deal around is the emergency home cover - I've used it for a plumber and saved me a ton of money! I had signed up to homeserve until I realised that I already had this cover with RBS. I cancelled the homeserve, and the guy who turned up to do the plumbing was from homeserve anyway - RBS contract it out to them.

So travel ins plus plumber/electrical etc is well worth the £
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    Options
    belljul wrote: »
    I have been a RBS royalties gold for ages when i had a cheap car loan. I have used it for travel insurance but the best deal around is the emergency home cover - I've used it for a plumber and saved me a ton of money! I had signed up to homeserve until I realised that I already had this cover with RBS. I cancelled the homeserve, and the guy who turned up to do the plumbing was from homeserve anyway - RBS contract it out to them.

So travel ins plus plumber/electrical etc is well worth the £

I need to read what I get with my Royalties account! I'm paying over £30 a month for cover for my boiler and kitchen appliances with BG.
  • jackieb
    Options
    Just had a look online and what I have cover for already wouldn't be covered.

I just noticed that there's an extra 2 years warranty for goods paid for by RBS debit card and my daughter's ipod isn't working.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    jackieb wrote: »
    Just had a look online and what I have cover for already wouldn't be covered.

I just noticed that there's an extra 2 years warranty for goods paid for by RBS debit card and my daughter's ipod isn't working.
    I believe you have had to have registered the item within 90 days of purchase for the extra warranty? Might be 60 days.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• jackieb
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »
    I believe you have had to have registered the item within 90 days of purchase for the extra warranty? Might be 60 days.

Looks like i'm out of luck on that one. I need to remember it for the next thing I buy.
  • andrew71
    andrew71 Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We've used it over the past few months for our electrics being faulty and for our boiler breaking down plus a leak from one of the pipes. To get those fixed would of cost us probably upto £1000. Plus we have travel insurance. I know it is an extra £12 per month we are paying but for what we could of paid out it's worked out for us.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    I have to say that I have only ever had one packaged account and that was with NatWest, and the main reason was, that I paid £0.00 for the account as does staff at RBS Bank. Personally speaking, unless you use all the benefits, I would not sign up for it because on the whole you can get the benefits of an account that you want for less than the annual amount you pay. My advice: look around for like for like benefits you use and then add up how much it would cost you. If the cost is higher than the yearly amount you would pay for it then stick with it, otherwise, ditch it.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family