Creation Consumer Finance - Warning

Options

Comments

• ~Brock~
    ~Brock~ Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ste_ven wrote: »
    Okay,these companies are not governed by an outside body,they decide what is a "fair" fee to pay,and you pay it.
    Im all for makin a profit,but the is a differance between making a profit,and taking the !!!!,open you eyes,look around..you are getting squeezed on a daily basis,food prices,energy prices.Yet no rise in your wages.
    I carnt understand why you are "all for" these companies,considering you are a slave,with 2 children.
    What do you think it is going to be like in a few years time?

Well you're a little ray of sunshine aren't you.

An hour with you in the pub and I would be jumping in front of the next bus to come my way.

Get a grip man !!!!!!.
  • Babsybaby_2
    Babsybaby_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. I have just bought a sofa from CSL. I wanted buy now pay in a year. So they set me up with Creation Finance. I am so far not happy. Tried to make a payment online the other week and as people have said, they wanted £3.00 charge, just for using your card. I think it's disgraceful and appalling. Am gonna pay it all in one go soon by cheque (my yr is not up yet), but god help them if they try taking extra off me). Babs.
  • 2JAY
    2JAY Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    in January signed up for DFS interest free loan .. provided by Creation Finance - but we have only just taken delivery we've saved up 5/12ths of the amount already!!
    Just got a call from Creation, asking me for date of birth etc. which I wouldn't give as I didn't know who I was speaking with, they wouldn't give any details until I passed security .. etc etc. They give you the 0871 number to ring back on. Checked the paperwork, the only other number quoted is answered by a message saying it is "no longer used"?! Got the 028 9026 0900 number from this forum **thanks**, called back - they don't seem to want to speak to me, they say everything is OK? Was it just a con to get the BT kickback (isn't it 10p a minute?) or is it the start of trouble?
    I was thinking to pay it all off asap thank goodness for this forum see you CAN pay fee free via bank transfer, where do I get their bank details from?
    What a <>?@ giving myself this to worry about after all these months of reading all MSE advice!!!
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    go onto there website creation.co.uk and click on account management
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • lesterjohannes
    Options
    I got a Building & contents Insurance policy and was offered an interest free monthly payment option.
    When the broker sent me the name of the company I checked it out and found the Money Daving Expert comments. I immediately phoned the broker (the next day) and told them I would rather pay the premium as a one off via my credit card. They assured me that my request for a DD with Creation would be cancelled. Today 12.07.12. 14 days after cancelling the request for monthly payments, I have received Creation's Financial Agreement.
    I am so glad I checked this company out on your web site. Thank you.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have had two agreements with them about 3 and 5 years ago. They were both interest free for 12 month.

The first one when I went to pay it off in full after 11 months they said there would be a £30 fee I said I wasn't told of this and they told me to read my agreement. I read the original agreement and found it to specify the £30 fee. I payed it all off with no problems.

The second time I took the device back after a few days as it was no good they cancelled the agreement and I have heard nothing from them since.

Both times went perfectly fine and it seems to me people only get problems if they don't keep track of their finances and don't read the agreements!
  • collywollys
    Options
    My car finance is with Creation, pay by DD every month for 3 years, no problems....

Just stick to the T&C's
  • Helen0621
    Options
    In 2009 we bought sofas from Land of Leather and while we were going to pay cash they 'sold' us on the idea of taking interest free credit for 3 years. This we later found out was with Creation Consumer Finance.

To cut a long story short while they were taking direct debits out of our account they claimed they hadn't received a number of payments. This they claimed was as a result of 'computer problems'. These computer problems, however, resulted in these alleged non payments being reported to the credit agencies and in turn resulted in us getting refused a mortgage. They later apologised and corrected my husband's credit rating. However, as far as we were concerned the damage had been done.

Last year we expected the final payment to be taken in April and due to the problems we'd had with Creation Consumer Finance when a payment was taken in May we contacted them. This time it worked out that the initial payment had been taken one month late and as a result the final payment was one month late. We did, however, based on our previous experience ask them to send a letter confirming we had paid this agreement off in full. Fortunately for once they did what they said and sent us this letter.
    This week we received a letter saying we had just over £45 owing on this agreement and they had added a late payment of £35. They also suggested that we set up a direct debit to ensure we don't miss another payment!!!:mad:

I have tonight sent them a copy of the letter they sent us last year confirming we had paid in full and have copied this letter to the Financial Ombudsman.

Something needs to be definitely done to investigate this company to ensure it is only incompetency that is leading to these 'mistakes'.:angry:
  • randomnut
    randomnut Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad I came across this thread. I bought a PC from Dell in December on 6 months interest free. The direct debits have been coming out of my account as expected and I logged into their website this morning thinking as I have 2 payments left I could just clear them and be done with it.

It doesn't mention on their website that they will take an extra fee if you pay early. They give a specific figure on the payment page so that is what I would have expected to come out of my account but it seems from the stories here that they take the additional fee as well without making it clear.

I think I will just wait for the final direct debit to come out in June and cancel the DD just to be sure they don't take anything else.
  • AllanPeter
    Options
    I have had a mechanical breakdown warranty with AAWarranty for several years, monthly premiums payable in advance. It up for renewal. I have now received a Credit Agreement to sign from Creation Finance, written in the most aggressive terms, and stating that I am taking out a two year loan to pay for the premiums. Having looked through these 'threads' I am now really wary about signing anything with these people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure