HSBC Changing all Bank accounts

Options

Comments

• ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wallet got stolen today. I have reported and should get a new debit card. This happened in the same area last year or so.

I was wondering how can I take money out in the meantime?
  • ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    ahai1 wrote: »
    My wallet got stolen today. I have reported and should get a new debit card. This happened in the same area last year or so.

I was wondering how can I take money out in the meantime?

Take your cheque book down to your local branch, and write a cheque payable to cash. If you need a lot of money, take a driver's license or passport with you.

If you can't find your cheque book, they should issue a withdrawal slip for you, or if it's on Saturday and there's no counter service work out something else for you.
  • ahai1
    Options
    Thank you.
  • ahai1
    edited 26 April 2009 at 5:46PM
    Options
    ShelfStacker I so agree with you on cheques as I had many problems for example Birmingham Midshires hanged onto my cheque a few weeks before opening the account.

I am wondering whether I should stop a cheque now. I sent a cheque to a bank but the bank has lost it and I subsequently sent them another one. The cheque was in the value of £10.

Is it worth stopping it and if? If I do can I claim the money back from the other bank?

I will be on the phone to them 8am tomorrow when the lines open as they left me a message which requested that I call them back.

It could be that they want to discuss the matter further. I am going to make sure that this one is presented to the bank.
  • ahai1
    Options
    I have been charged £10 for a lost cheque. I was advised by the bank which lost it as I sent it via post that banks do not charge. Any advise?
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    I have been charged £10 for a lost cheque. I was advised by the bank which lost it as I sent it via post that banks do not charge. Any advise?

IIRC, the charge for stopped cheques is only waived if the cheques are blank when lost (i.e. someone nicked your cheque book). For any other reason, the charge applies. Don't have the intranet to hand to check, sadly.
  • ahai1
    Options
    The other party involved has agreed to pay for the stopped cheque and refund me the interest I may have lost due to them opening account late.
  • ahai1
    Options
    I sent some money to Anglo Irish via BACS on Friday. I phoned them up today and it appears that the money has not gone in. I know that I have the sort code and the account number rigtht as I have it reconfirmed to me.

My question is that should it have gone in today or should it go in tomorrow? Could it be that it is not yet showing up on their system?
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    I sent some money to Anglo Irish via BACS on Friday. I phoned them up today and it appears that the money has not gone in. I know that I have the sort code and the account number rigtht as I have it reconfirmed to me.

My question is that should it have gone in today or should it go in tomorrow? Could it be that it is not yet showing up on their system?

It might not be until Thursday, as if you were after Friday's deadline, it would have left on Monday, to take three working days = Thursday.
  • ahai1
    Options
    I contacted them a few hours later and it was in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure