Easyjet Photo ID

Options
2»

Comments

• headpin
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    That link is dated 2004 and may be out of date.

Then they have a Duty of Care to remove it. If it is on their website it is reasonable to expect people to rely upon it. How is the average person suppose to know whether it is current or not? Or could they use the same argument about any of their T&C's?

I would suggest that as they market themselves as being internet preferred company for all of their operations, then should someone rely upon information that is then said to be not current, Easyjet would be leaving themselves wide open for a substantial claim for both reimbursement as well as any additional cots and losses incurred by the passenger and probably even compensation.

In fact how does the average person determine whether a web page is still current and/or when it was actually lat updated or originally posted?
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a news article and, like the BBC News etc, will remain there for ever and a day. It's not part of the terms and conditions which are separate and as the OP states are pretty open. They request photographic-id but do not give specifics of what is/is not acceptable.
  • ccluedo
    Options
    Just an update for info on the expired passport idea in case anyone else is thinking along those lines. I emailed Easyjet again and this was the response...

Thank you for contacting us.

I can confirm that you will need valid photographic ID to take a domestic flight. Unfortunately, we will not accept an expired passport.

We no longer specify a list of accepted ID but will accept any piece of valid photographic ID as long as it includes your name, the photo does resemble you and the name matches that on the booking.

So, any item of valid photographic ID that meets the above criteria can now be used as ID on a domestic flight.

I have included a link below to more information about photographic identification:

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#checkin

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

We will now go with the Citizen card idea ..thanks again to all.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Personnaly id get a new passport, its there if needed, i wouldnt trust a cictzen card imo (not that theres anything wrong with them )
  • ccluedo
    Options
    My friend literally doesnt have £72 for a passport. Also he is most unlikely to need a passport for travels abroad given his ongoing health and financial circumstances. The Easyjet fares were paid for by family members to get him to a specific family event.
    Easyjet say they will accept the Citizen card and at a cost of a few pounds its a much more sensible and dare I say moneysaving option ;)
  • honeychild
    Options
    I thought i was the only one that had this problem my passport ended on the 5th feb 09 so i cant use it i don't have a drivers license

I phoned them all this weekend trying to get them to clarify what constitutes THEIR version of a valid id

they told me a train card/bus pass anything with your photo on it?

but neither of these have a date on it?? so how does that make it valid? so i cant use a passport that ended 5 days ago but i can use a train card that has no date on it just my name and picture?:confused::confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure