Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Options

Comments

• kentmagpie
    Options
    Ive been to the site put in the numbers of the Cds and its coming up with where not buying this title at this time, others are coming uo .25p or .50p so ill be unable to sell half my cds to them.So im off to the local Bootfair this weekend I will put them up for a £1 each any i bring home ill try on the site.That way at least i will get a pound for some of my cds and might sell some there not buying. Of course as others have said you can try Ebay or Amazon and Play.Com if you have the time to do it.
    Kentmagpie
  • ROBDOLPHIN66
    Options
    Robdolphin, I did not remember reading that, but what is wrong with Tesco wine?

It is not the wine in itself, it is the "half-price" promotions for wines that are "half-price" for 50 weeks of the year, and the promotion of their "sale" in the weekly email.
  • Spectralis
    Options
    To those who've already sold CD's - how do you send the CD's you sell? I read on here that they send pre-paid jiffy bags. Are these sturdy enough to protect the CD's? How many CD's per package? Also read that it's best to send the packages recorded delivery/registered post or something. Which one is it and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance.
  • berniesmaster
    Options
    just wondering if any one knows, how do they price the c.d's? cus, i have put a list of c.d's in and most ranged between 25p and £1.25, but one came up as £3.00!! how do they decide?
    3 wonderfull kids :female::female::male:, 1 fab hubby :heart: , 2 beautifull cats and 1 very large dog = my family!
    :grouphug:
  • I guess I must've got lucky right away ...first CD I input was Kane Gang - 'Lowdown' which they offered £2.50 for ...after one duff one I was then offered £1.86 for a Kerbdog album followed by £2.00 for a Y & T live album!
    Only problem is that in digging out my old CD's (and I have hundreds) I'm now rediscovering tracks I haven't heard in so long I'm rekindling an interest in the bands and finding myself reluctant to part with them ....damn you, sentimentality!!
  • berniesmaster
    Options
    I guess I must've got lucky right away ...first CD I input was Kane Gang - 'Lowdown' which they offered £2.50 for ...after one duff one I was then offered £1.86 for a Kerbdog album followed by £2.00 for a Y & T live album!
    Only problem is that in digging out my old CD's (and I have hundreds) I'm now rediscovering tracks I haven't heard in so long I'm rekindling an interest in the bands and finding myself reluctant to part with them ....damn you, sentimentality!!

lol:rotfl: having the same problem!!
    3 wonderfull kids :female::female::male:, 1 fab hubby :heart: , 2 beautifull cats and 1 very large dog = my family!
    :grouphug:
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cashback Rewards are doing 7.5% Cashback.
    cashbackkings are also offering 7.5% cashback
    (if you're not already a member, don't forget there are plenty of us happy to refer you, so please check out the referrals board) ;)
  • Taloolah
    Taloolah Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great post thank you
    Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Birmingham Childrens Hospital caring for my tiny and very poorly grandson who was born at 29 weeks. Thanks to them he is getting a little stronger every day.:A:A:A
  • lauzjp
    lauzjp Posts: 415 Forumite
    Options
    Flickering Ember - am in a similar boat to you - if I could find the time to do ebay / boot sale / amazon then I would, but this site just seems so much easier!

I did look on ebay to see if a few of my cd's were worth putting on there, and none had any bids on, even at 49p or whatever!? *sigh* or local Cex isn't worth it either - you could spend half an hour in the queue, only to hear 'we're not buying at the moment' :eek:

oh and the most I think you can get offered is £3 (read the terms and conditions) - which I got offered for Girls Aloud's greatest hits! :D
  • NickiM
    NickiM Posts: 712 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, that's right :) 25p-£3 I *think*
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills