PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

50p a day til christmas, healthily?!-Weezl's next challenge (part 2)

Options

Comments

• cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Given the number of us who are around the same age, I have to ask.....

Is anyone else collecting the CDs with the Daily Mail at the moment?

I know newspapers aren't essentials, but at just over £3 a week for 2 weeks which gets me 12 CDs and hubby 12 papers (which is something he really misses since our incomed nose dived when I was off sick work last year and dropped to half pay in the April) I think it's actually money well spent.

I have all 9 that have been made available so far -- only 3 more to get (so only 2 more mornings of a 3.5 mile walk to Tesco, and 1 that I can pick up from WHS when I call into the office)

They're a real blast from the past -- and 5 of the 9 I have so far are ones I bought on vinyl from my meagre allowance/paper round money/Saturday job pay/very first full time job pay cheques.

I''ve just finished listening to Haircut One Hundred - Pelican West, and am now onto The Human Leage - Dare

And I'm working my way through
    Spandau Ballet - True
    Paul Young - No Parlez
    Terence Trent D'arby - Introducing the hardline according to
    Bonnie Tyler - Faster than the speed of Light
    Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time
    Adam and the Ants - Prince Charming
    Culture Club - Colour by Numbers

But the really frightening thing is how many of the tracks I remember all the words to despite not having listened to them in about 20 years :eek:
    Cheryl
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    CW18....

You would like hubbies cd collection :rotfl: It is all prety similar to those you have listed... with much much worse thrown in :eek: ..although Queen is his fave... we have steps, s club 7, Aqua :eek: and i will leave it there as it really doesn't bare thinking about :o :rotfl:
    My taste is much better of course :D Alice cooper, bon jovi, def leppard, mikka, scissor sisters, eminem, duffy :T ooh and can't forget the dirty dancing sound track :j

Have to say I do tend to know most of the words to all the old 80s stuff -its sort of ingrained i think :rotfl:
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Jammie_Dodger_2
    Options
    :rotfl:hi naturally, Thanks for clearing up the fudge recipe. Was hoping to try it and if ok maybe some christmas presents coming up. Nice and ms! Mind you been to docs today and have to lose weight so shouldnt really make the tasting lot to try as i am supposed to be not eating fattening things. Still I'll have to try it wont I?. Lol. Made a load of oven roasted tomatoes, garlic, pepper and onions for freezer today and loads of roast veg on Sunday. They are yummy too.:D Only thing is, Doc said no more foccacia for me, and I adore it with above toms etc as it is probably that that is putting on all the weight! Dont know how I am going to stand it.:D
  • cw18
    Options
    I actually braved my bathroom scales this morning for the first time in about 8 weeks -- and I've lost half a stone!! Absolutely stunned as soooo many of our meals are high fat, so it must be down to the fact I've had to start walking the dogs 4 days a week (due to son going back to college at the start of the month) and the fact I'm walking up to Tesco on a regular basis at the moment.... If I take the dogs (have done so twice) then I get away with just 3.5 miles a day. If not, then it's 3.5 miles for the paper/CD and then another couple of miles with the dogs.
    Cheryl
  • Sian_the_Green
    Options
    Hey lovely people. Feel like I haven't posted in ages!

I'm working full time now and so far am doing a pretty good job of being economical with lunches. Today I managed some HM butternut squash soup (it was dreamy!) with some pasta left over from last night's tea (bolognaise which was recycled today with some spices as chilli) :D

The only problem is some of my workmates. Funny how you spend £2.50 a day on your lunch from the sandwich shop and then don't have any money eh? :confused: They do make comments on my weired food combinations, and whilst some of them are actually being funny others just seem to have a 'you're young, you're strange, when you're old and cynical like us come back and we might give you some respect'.

Ooh, don't I sound grumpy? I'm not really, just have some annoying judgemental bods at work, though there are some amazing people too, and I havea great job!

(btw, I am 26, living in a house with 3 other 20 something girls and loving it :p)
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    wow cw thats great! Hve decided not to go back to sw but will start swimming instead as for me its the lack of excercise that is the problem mostly plus its good for stress relief and my back...
    ahhh blast from the past with those records (remember them!!)....those were the days...was asked how long it was since I left school today at the eve class and its a scary 23 years ago.....terrifying!!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• vickiem30
    Options
    I get laughed at work with my flask, as well. I call my dinner something different everyday, but always looks the same, brown. It tastes nice though and is really cheap.

Tomorrow's brown meal is mushroom strogonof, made in the slo cooker.
  • Jammie_Dodger_2
    Options
    :rotfl:Ooooh CW wish that was me. Doc said I have to walk every day so it will be the walk with the dogs for your paper that is doing it. 3.5 a day is great keep it up. I walk my sons dog at times but only when he brings it for me to look after if he is going to be away for the day (he works from home so he has him for company usually). Shall end up like a bag lady roaming around every day getting fit :rotfl:tho there is nice places to walk by the rive etc.

As for recycling where I lived before they didnt give bags but I had 3 huge bins and a paper box. Once you start recycling you only need a carrier bag once a week for other rubbish so it didnt bother me when they only came once a fortnight. Now I have moved here it is very behind the times with a strange set up of small box for paper and tins and glass and huge bin for rubbish. Collect alternate bins each week. No garden waste bin so good thing I have compost bin of my own.(Whoever was saying they cant get their compost going, try putting it in a sunny place if poss as the heat helps and turn it, turn it , turn it.)

I seem to be very old and definately a grumpy old woman at the side of all you young things, coming in as I do at 58 and counting, 59 in Nov.
  • cw18
    Options
    was asked how long it was since I left school today at the eve class and its a scary 23 years ago.....terrifying!!!
    I left school in July 1982 -- so that's 26 years back :eek:

But I then did some extra 'O' levels at college the following year, so actually left education in July 1983.

(And then I had my daughter in December 1983 !!!!!)
    Cheryl
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »

Yep they still do "bulk collections" once a month you can put furniture etc out and thay will collect it..but you are right...Its like a giant car boot ..cars pulling up all evening and folks taking what they want..its brilliant... very little gets left for collection :T
    We have a wheely bin for paper , 1 for organic/garden waste (all my kitchen organic stuff goes into paper bags 1st) 1 wheely bin for "restmull" -anything that isn'r recyclable -we average 1 carrier bag a month :T ..then yellow plastic biodegradable bin bags for plastics/tins
    oh and we take all the glass to the banks...its so much easier than it was in the UK :D

Good idea that one.....ceridwen here having another "longs to live in more efficient country...longs to live in more efficient country" moment....:cool:

Though.....guess there might be less "room" for social activist animal me in one that runs more efficiently possibly....hmmm....might be a slight snag then...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure