PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

50p a day til christmas, healthily?!-Weezl's next challenge (part 2)

Options

Comments

• patchwork_cat
    Options
    Chemo makes your taste buds change - you can get metallic taste I believe, however I am sure you know all about it. My mum couldn't eat hardly at all - completely lost her appetite. She did like sweet things though so her friend used to bring her home made jam and she had a thing about luxury yoghurt!
  • loocyloo
    Options
    goodness me! what a busy day on here!

i've had a busy day in the real world, and have just sat down for 1/2 peace and read my way through the last few pages!

we have wheelie bins ... no bin bags.

i'm 37 ! arghh ..where did the years go?

x
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    evening all

I am 38 and 39 in december ,what dates yours birthday Mrs Mc Mines the 4th

We dont get bags either we have assorted wheeeled and unwheeled bins though 5 at last count

Mrs Mc do they still do dry waste collection over there where you put large items on the side of the road and the council takes them away?? (if people don't recycle them first IYKWIM :0)

Lamb casserole tonight all the veg from the garden just £2 for the meat so really cheap

Also been to the village shop for a whoopsie run and got loads of lamb and mint sausages for £71 p per pack of 8 and some stuffed pork chops(6) for £1.72

Cooked a load of apple pie filling this morning ,have discovered some great freezer bags called pour and store they are ziploc bags with a flat bottom a bit like the micro rice ,work out about 9p per bag but ideal for soups curries and sauces etc and you can micro in them too,home bargains were selling them

Shaz
    Shaz
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Shaz

My birthday is the 22nd :D

Yep they still do "bulk collections" once a month you can put furniture etc out and thay will collect it..but you are right...Its like a giant car boot ..cars pulling up all evening and folks taking what they want..its brilliant... very little gets left for collection :T
    We have a wheely bin for paper , 1 for organic/garden waste (all my kitchen organic stuff goes into paper bags 1st) 1 wheely bin for "restmull" -anything that isn'r recyclable -we average 1 carrier bag a month :T ..then yellow plastic biodegradable bin bags for plastics/tins
    oh and we take all the glass to the banks...its so much easier than it was in the UK :D

Patchwork.. My sister was the same.. in the end she would only have milk.. so I got her rice puds -she ate a bit of those..and dandylion n burdock -her fave pop as a kid..so she loved that but couldn't manage much

right back to my knitting :p
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    I remember watching a documentary about recycling i dusseldorf years ago and everything possible was recycled then what was left was burned creating electic for the area..............

Would love to know if its still in operation or get hold of the original documentary

Shaz
    Shaz
  • patchwork_cat
    Options
    Well we are very much of an age then - however I am jealous of Lizalu although she has my internal age externally! IFYKIM!
  • shimmigirl
    Options
    For those of you that do need to buy bin bags - me included.

Sainsburys have 3 for 2 on all bin bags, swing bin liners, cling film, food bags and foil.

We have stocked up for bin bags (extra good for us as we buy the ethical recycling ones - v expensive)

Oh - and I'm 30 - and apparently always grumpy!!
  • BASHFUL_2
    Options
    Hi all...can't belive there is a shiny new thread...wopp woop!!!! I have been absent for a few days, as am now looking after the 5 kids at my mums house whilst she on holiday!!!

Hugs to everyone that needs them x x

Shaz....well done for winning!!!! Hope you got a nice prize?!!!

Thankyou for the heads up on the asda flour....cant remember who posted it but i bought 7 bags and made OH 3 loave of bread to eat whilst Im away for the week. Not all of them obviously!!!

Hope Weezl, AM and the little weezl monkey are having a lovely break.

Bashful x x x

PS I am 22. and welcome to the new Essex resident!!!! Glad to have you on board!!!!
    :p I'm a frugal wannabe :p
  • munchki
    munchki Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Options
    Good Evening everyone!

Well been up since 230 this morning and am sooooooooo tired but cant settle, so will watch a bit of telly and then go to bed and read. DH had to get up to go do some lorry driving and is stuck out tonight. Cant wait til he starts his new job, will be normal again then!

Thought I would try and start a new xstitch pic tonight and doh! realized I dont have any 14 count aida, just some scraps so will have to try and get some in town in the morning!

Peeled about 7 or 8 bananas tonight and mashed them up. will let them sit a bit and then divide in two packs and pop in freezer for bread and muffins later. Have a bunch of granny smith apples as well that I need to do something with but not sure what I want to do with them. Open for suggestions.

Since just me for tea tonight had hot roast beef sandwiches with mash and gravy, nomnom leftover from last night.

BTW I am 43 *eeek* and DH is 52 and at times you can tell the age gap! LOL

Big hugs to all those that need them........

xxx
    I am somebody. I am me. I like being me. And I need nobody to make me somebody! Louis L'Amour
  • ashia_2
    ashia_2 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Wish I could add something constructive to the rubbish debate, but I live in flats, which have just barely enough bins for all of us, no actual recyling, and Im in the city centre so there are no recycling banks close by. ANNOYING :mad: :mad:

Im 24 but after watching oh trying to peel carrots I feel about 6...:rotfl:
    Now MARRIED!11/09/10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family