🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

how long will i be on dial up for

Options
2»

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    Options
    Fran wrote:
    Last I knew you couldn't migrate from Tiscali. Have a read through the Internet Board (I will move this thread there).
    Have a word with Metronet, I think they can transfer from Datastream suppliers http://www.metronet.co.uk/regrade
    Although they don't mention Tiscali by name I think it includes them.
    Peter
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • codetown
    codetown Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    for the transition period you can buy a pre-paid dial-up internet card.
    cant' remember tha name now, but I am sure there is one ISP selling its services via these prepaid cards (at 10 £ each) which give you a reasonable amount of hours to be spent as you like and where you like.
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    What I did was set up a BTYahoo dial-up account to cover the changeover period.

£1.99 for first month, then cancel it before it goes to full price.

Alternatively, Wanadoo give you first 3 months dial-up for £7.99/month.

Just set up an alternative dialup account but don't forget to cancel!!!
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Fran wrote:
    Last I knew you couldn't migrate from Tiscali.........

how come? :confused:

Surely they can't insist on you staying as a customer if you want to go elsewhere?? :confused:
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    how come? :confused:

Surely they can't insist on you staying as a customer if you want to go elsewhere?? :confused:

Tiscali never used to support migrations. If you wanted to switch from Tiscali to another internet company, you had to cancel your service with Tiscali. Then sign up for a new service with your new ISP. This meant that you could be up to a couple of weeks without any broadband connection. With a MAC, you just enter this number when you sign up for a new company, and your service will switch to the new company with only a small (30mins or so) break to your broadband service.

I'm not sure if Tiscali have started supporting migrations now (anyone else know for sure?).
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family