It Baffles Me. Help Please

Options
my wife started work last friday and with me being out of work shes left it all for me to do and its hurting my head..
o.k the situation is weve got two children with our youngest being profoundly deaf and difficulties walking he gets the higher rate my eldest is thirteen,

Iv been in and out of employment all my working life and am now studying to be a peronal trainer... now iv been diagnosed with adhd and on medication im getting my life on track,

I worked the whole of 2006 and jan to march of 07 and did nothing lived off handouts off family for the rest until april 08 until july 08. I left that job to start at my friends newly opened gym when he pulled the plug leaving me unemployed.. another stupid adhd mistake

This is the only time my wife has worked in ten years and she hasnt been claiming anything.. our banks foreclosing were in rent arrears with the council and tax arrears.. if im not entitled to anything what do i do...will we loose our home...our kids.. i cant even find a job.. theres little out thre and im applying for them all please help..im scared

Comments

• AYBAGUM
    AYBAGUM Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    My Wifes Wage Will Be 14895 and she dosnt getpaid until end of sep
  • simone83
    simone83 Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

firstly, dont worry there are many amazing people out there who can help. Your in the right place. A few questions:

1. Are you claiming tax credits?
    2. and housing and council tax benefit?
    3. Did your friends gym close and leave you unintensionaly unemployed?
    4. Are you in regular contact with you bank with regards to the foreclosing?
    light bulb moment: 30.08.08!!
  • AYBAGUM
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply..
    1. no im not
    2. in the process
    3. my so called friend is a gob sh**e. the gym is still open but he took on someone else who was more qualified
    4.The wife is so dont know the situation
  • simone83
    Options
    ok then.

First off get onto tax credits:

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/HomeNew.aspx
  • AYBAGUM
    Options
    would i be entitled for tax credits?? have i paid enough ni contributions
  • simone83
    Options
    ok then.

First off get onto tax credits:

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/HomeNew.aspx

or call 0845 300900

They should be able to tell you there and then what you should get and how long it should take.

Next, where about are you with the HB/CTB claim?

this is my area so to speak as I work in local government. Give me a full break down of where you at and we will get things speeded up!

You friend sounds like a peach! go to the job centre and explain, they may be able to get you JSA or a crisis loan - this isnt my area, but worth a try.

Keep your bank informed, they can only help you when they know everything.

Open a another account with another bank, just in case. so that if the worst does happen then at least you can transfer over to the new bank for your wifes wages and tax credits etc.
  • simone83
    Options
    give them a call, tax credits are based on you earnings in the last tax year, plus you should get extra for getting DLA for your child.

Ni doesnt come into it as far as I am aware, it may do for your the JSA at the job centre - but they will advise you on this!
  • simone83
    Options
    just a quick one.

Have you tried claiming Incapacity benefit or DLA based on you ADHD?

This would be a job centre question too! worth taking a visit to them asap as you could be missing out there as well.
  • AYBAGUM
    Options
    o.k .. the last thurs in august we got one giro cheque for £120ISH . AND WAS TOLD THAT OUR RENNT WOULD BE PAID FOR BY LAST THURS. last thurs my wife had an interview at a nhs dentist and got the job.. also on fri i got a letter from dwp asking me more details on my i left my previous employment and the name and tel number of the gym i was going to work for. ON friday my wife toLd me to phone the jobcentre and explain that she was now in work and would it effect our bennefits... the person on the phone said i hadnt paid enough ni contributions and we wouldnt be entitled to any benefits including rent payment e.t.c.. so i asume payment of rent will be stopped.. and benefits
  • AYBAGUM
    Options
    ill look into that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business