PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Wednesday 16th November

Options
124»

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've never ironed anything in my life and in fact I've never even owned an iron :o

Went to Yarmouth today in the hope that I was going to find something suitable for the kids Xmas presents. But I didnt really. It snowed in Yarmouth today for about 5 minutes and it was really freezing cold. Went in a cafe there and asked for a pork baguette and paid the right price for it. When they called my number out it was a pork roast dinner. The people there were so rushed off their feet they said I could keep it. So I had a roast dinner in a cafe for £2.50 cheaper than anyone else!! Picked the kids up from school. Had £40 worth of shopping delivered from Iceland which I did yesterday. Made a lasagne and garlic bread for tea followed by strawberry ice cream. I'm trying not to put the heating on tonight until about 8pm so I've just put another jumper on.

Only 2 days till I see my boyfriend now. He lives in London and I'm in Lowestoft so I only see him every other weekend. He's coming here with his 15 year old daughter this time so that should be fun :rolleyes:
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    Busy day for me today, started work at 0530 this morning, so feeling quite sleepy now :rolleyes: Glad I made stew in the slow cooker last night, just had to heat it through this evening. Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Hugs to all who need them ;)
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ancasta wrote:
    Yorkie Lass, ive been engaged 2.5 years on friday but we've only just decided to get married. Im starting early for dress hunting as it may take my friend a fair while to make my dress and a maid of honour dress.

Ah I see - wedding planning is fantastic - we set a date almost as soon as we got engaged and we've been planning things since then - my dress and flowers are the main things that aren't sorted yet - really need to go and try on some dresses with a friend soon. Only bridesmaid is a little girl so not too much to worry about dress wish there.

Work was good today, someone's birthday so we got cakes :j

It's so cold when I'm walking to and from work - wish I could drive - keep having to tell myself that I'm doing good things by walking, both for myself, my bank balance, my car and the environment but it doesn't help when it's cold and dark and I've got a 25 minute walk home - but never mind - sure it is doing me some good :confused:
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • sallypurple
    Options
    Hello everyone,

totally mad day at work today. I handed in my months notice on Monday, at lunchtime our chair of committee came in an said "Your Deputy will be taking over as supervisor from now on, you can be just a glorified parent help until you leave." :eek: :mad:

I was devastated, I've worked there for four years and given up days of my own time for them, if it wasn't for the duty of care I feel I owe the children in the pre-school I'd sign myself off sick tomorrow.

Anyway, I then had to go shopping but I was very good :A - I didn't buy vast quantities of alcohol and choccy though I was tempted. I did get some good bargains and another £5 Boots voucher. :money:

Off to do some OS baking and HM chritmas cards.

Bye for now, Sally
    :snow_laug HM Christmas 2010
    Knitted squares - [STRIKE]6[/STRIKE]13. pages of ideas - [STRIKE]7[/STRIKE] 19:rotfl:
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:

ancasta - you're really going for it with this wedding planning! WTG :beer: There are just so many different designs/styles of EVERYTHING out there that you just don't know where to start - well, I didn't! All I had in my mind originally was me looking like a princess (a la Princess Diana, but without puffy sleeves and bow on bottom), OH at the altar smiling followed by me sipping champagne. There seems to be a lot more to it than that though :confused::p .

squiggles - as other people have said, don't beat yourself up about thinking that you're not OS. You do far more than other people and you've got to treat yourself and feel relaxed. We're definitely not as OS as I'd like to be, but then again, I'd missed my takeaways so I couldn't go all the way. Just do as much as YOU feel comfortable with, not as much as you think you should be doing.

OH is hopefully making supper - he's feeling better now and should be able to get back to "proper" work tomorrow, but today he's been working a little from home (also saves on the petrol :D).

The school I'm working in at the moment has just asked me whether I'd work with the same class until the end of term. I had to think about it and I've spoken to my agency and I've decided to stay with the little cherubs. I'll just have to tell the school that tomorrow. Plus, I'll be paid £5 more a day until the end of term. :j :j At least the children will actually be able to get to know me a bit better, and may well settle down a bit more. :confused:

They're having a "Be Who You Want To Be" day on Friday, and I've got to think of someone/something to go as. The head will be turning up in a tutu, one of the TAs is going to be a chef. At the moment, my cunning costume plan is to turn up in my trackie bottoms and rugby shirt. Well, at least I'll be comfortable! :D

I'd better go and make sure that OH hasn't blown up the kitchen. :rolleyes:

Vicky :wave:
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • wobblebottom
    Options
    Gosh I wish had the same enthusiasm as everyone here.. Got up this morn absolutely Laid up to the eyeball.. Lets say Beechams and Hot Water bottles have been my closest companions and the settee a long suffering friend..lol Im aching from head to foot.. My kids have been fantastic..they behaved really well and even helped out at tea time..

I just about mustered some energy to move now.. think all them tablets working.. so id better put WM on and do a quick flip round with the duster..

The off for a steamy hot bath and early night.. Im being taken to Cheshire Oaks on Sat for a birthday treat and a nice meal Sat night with friends.. so really need to ge better quickly..

TTFn Wobbs
    BSC Member #97- Discharged 4/2/09
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a quick visit before River Cottage starts. That's the last of the birthdays over now until christmas. DS forgot his lunch so I had to drive to school to get it to him and still have time to fit in the shopping. I went to Asda to get my second stamp for the £10 gift voucher freebie and take my cracked blender back. They gave me a refund without a single question. I used £6 of vouchers off a £35 shop and got charged the full price for a reduced mini pizza so I went to customer service and got my 20p refund and a £2 gift card. That's the second one in two weeks :D

Also got 4 large chickens for £1.90 each so that filled the freezer up a bit and will keep us going for a while longer :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • henhog
    henhog Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Work today - Ok, nothing too special, but then again quiet is good. DS1 had friend round for tea so that kept him occupied. Only me eating again tonight - a real treat - noodles, two tomatoes and sardines! How about that for the store cupboard challenge (or laziness!) The strange thing was it was quite nice. Any body want the recipe? :p
    Got a few more jobs to do before bed - (can you count watching Lost as a job?) so best get moving...
    Henhog
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    Hello popped in late today!
    This morning I had to go and reinforce the fence at the bottom of the garden as we and our neighbours have had intruders climbing over the gardens for about a week.They squash the chain link.In the afternoon DD decided to make a chocolate cake so as she is quite good at that,I left her to it and went to play with the knitting machine. Then this evening after tea,we went to DS 6th form open evening for prospective 6th formers so DD could get a look around.She liked the costa coffee shop and the sweet vending machines and the idea of EMA(she was even interested in the lessons on offer :D ).Anyway off for a cuppa and a slice of that yummy cake .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure