PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Wednesday 16th November

Options
Morning everyone.

Got my Money Diet book yesterday but it was snatched away from me and put away for christmas :mad: :confused:

Im meeting with my GNVQ tutor today and i have to show that i can use internet forums and instant messaging so ill be taking a screen shot of my posts, be nice to me you lot ;);):D:D

I have to ring up and order a load of wedding invite samples, for the first time in my life i actually feel quite tight about doing it, I think i want about 9 or 10 samples in total from 2 different companies.

Going to try on dresses tomorrow with the maid of honour to be... no intentions of buying one because my friend is a seamstress and will make me a beautiful dress for a fraction of the cost. Bargain or what!!!

Not much O/S planned for today, brought a packed lunch and tea will be bangers and mash i think, as the other half loves that.

Will post back bit later on.

Katie x

Comments

• BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Ancasta!

Good Luck with the GNVQ meeting. Got to go to work again and I dont want to again - but ill stop whingeing about it now!

At least Its nearly pay day, that always cheers me up a bit. Speaking of which, Im off to check my online banking to see if its here yet. I think its time to look for a new job - If I could find something that paid the same as what I get now when ive done 4 saturdays of overtime, and I didnt have to work Saturdays, then id be happy. Its Wednesday so its time to buy the job paper!

Have a good day all!

Jo xx
    #KiamaHouse
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I haven't posted on here for a while - not feeling very OS and generally can't cope with the world!! Woe is me!! Anyway feeling much better today - so I thought I'd post.

Breakfast is all done - porridge all round. DD is having a school dinner today (£1.70 :eek: ) but it is roast dinner day, DH and me will be having pasta, tuna and chopped tomatoes for our lunch.

Dinner tonight will be HM burgers. I've got a PTA meeting later tonight which should be fun!!

Anyway off to put the warpaint on do the school run and cycle off to work.

Take care!
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • manicdays
    Options
    morning all!

sorry not been around for a few days!

Today I am sorting out my wadrobes. Have the kids christmas presents in there now so all the other junk needs to go. The charity shops won't know whats hit em :)

Had my breakfast & so have the kids. DD will be having packed luch, ds will have his usual hommous & I will have a sarnie. Dunno what to do to dinner, will have a look thru the freezer!

Lisa x
    MoneyBox savings £30.37 (10/05/06)
    Now at................£54.50(07/06/06)

:j :j :j :beer: :beer: :T

Bank account RBS in the black

Bank account Lloyds in the RED :mad:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

Off to Debenhams at Lakeside today as they're having :D a "20% off" day. Hoping to find something really nice for MIL. She didn't get much last year, as DH's nephew was getting married in USA in July so the rest of the family apart from us (as we weren't able to travel so far) decided they wouldn't buy Christmas presents at all, but put the money towards the air fares. A really sensible idea, but it meant we were the only relatives who gave her a present - a bit of a shame as she couldn't travel either. :o I'm sure they'll be making up for it this year! :D

Ancasta - good luck today - and have fun tomorrow!

Sarah - hope you feel a bit better today. (((Hugs)))

Curry Queen - although I'm new to the site, wanted to say how much I enjoy your posts and how glad I am that you're feeling up to posting again even if not every day - I so hope a suitable move comes up SOON!!!

Ivyleaf xxx
  • brokenwings
    Options
    Morning all

well i thought i was coming down with that horrible bug so many of you have had yesterday. fuzzy head, burning throat and a pain in the middle of my belly.... however i have none of the symptoms this morning and am my usual self so it must have been something else.

the brisket is in the slow cooker with leeks, onions, carrots, potatoes and parsnips from our own garden. oh and a quarter bottle of merlot! yummm.

im guzzling down my hot oatmeal as we speak and then i am off to make an apple and mincemeat tart for later.

lunch will be a cheese and onion sandwich - my latest food fad - i could eat one for every meal!

i have a huge pile of ironing to do today so was quite glad to see the dark grey skies when i got up, but its brightening up beautifully now - oh well - ironing still has to be done but ill more than likely walk doggikins on the hills later in the morning.

I have decided to take up knitting. I remember doing lots when i was younger - well i say lots - just plain knit one pearl one scarves and things to be honest. and i never learned to cast on or off so that will be a challenge. I really need a scarf this winter so i shall be off to the wool shop for some odd balls today.

ok off for another cup of tea before its stewed

have a good day everyone and i hope all thje lurgy infected are feeling better!
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Morning

White load in WM and will be dried in TD as wet and windy here today :rolleyes: DW not been on, but have been trying to only put on when full. Cleaner is coming today as she is off on hols for a week-so wanted a good clean before she goes :o all bedding etc will be changed too.

Have pschotherapy just after lunch but need it as my MH hasnt been too good of late :o OH getting on with painting and i think when im at the nutty home-he's going to take his Harry Potter book and grab a coffee in either the library or Starbucks. I suggested the library as coffee only 30p opposed to £1.80 and he only has it black :eek: think library will be warmer too and more cosier as it has just had a face lift.

Anyways, will catch up later.

Have agood day.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all - came on here early this morning to try and get a play.com code (check out freebies/grab it while you can/vouchers boards if you have missed this ;) )

Ancasta good luck with your tutor - can't believe you're already trying on wedding dresses, I've been engaged for about 8 months and haven't tried a single dress on yet :o

PP - Hope your session goes ok

Jo - Hope work's not too bad.

I'm just about to have some porridge then walk up to work - looks very cold :( then tonight got pizza for tea and then off to tescos to do our shop - going to try Wednesday nights for a while - not much OS planned but money's money I suppose :(
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hellooooo :D :wave:

Well, I'm feeling very cheery today - must be cos the sun is shining and I'm toasty warm in my nice heated house :)

Just had my HM toast and jam for brekkie and DS1 has gone to school. I love Weds and Thurs mornings as he gets picked up (Fridays too, but I have to get up to take DS2 to speech therapy anyway) so I'm still in my PJ's and DG.

It's very strange as I look out of my window. We had lots of very tall trees at the bottom of a neighbours garden and yesterday they had them pruned. They've taken about 15ft off them so they look wierd. And trees at the front have been pruned too. We're lucky in that where we live there are lots of good old trees, but that means that there comes a time when they have to be pruned :( Most of them have a preservation order on them too. We have a huge tree just outside our front wall, but as it's a private road, it's ours so I'll have to save up to get it pruned properly maybe next year (budget doesn't allow this year) I love the natural look of trees so it's a shame they have to be pruned :(

Anyway, this morning I'll have a general tidy up and load WM, unload dishy and try to get to the bottom of DS1's room (again :eek:) There were 6 of them in there yesterday so you can imagine!

This afternoon when DS2 goes to pre-school I have a couple of mystery shopping jobs to do so will call into Lidl's and get more veg. Going to make a sausage casserole in the SC today, with mash and veg.

OK, off for a shower and some Ibuleve gel as my neck/back are really playing up today (old injury) One day I'll find a decent masseur round here :rolleyes: :D

Have a great day all

TM
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    still in my dressing gown this morning, but washing is washed & out on line (lovely sunny, windy but cold; good drying day!)
    Non-recyclable bin day today. The wheely bin is only about one third full after 2 weeks: we must be getting better at not buying things that are just going to be thrown away!
    Porridge for breakfast, as it's so cold.
    Dinner will be sausage casserole in the SC. DH has been away on a course yesterday & today, so will appreciate nice filling dinner when he gets in, especially as I will probably be out (church kid's club) when he gets home.
    I need to get tomorrows breakfast sorted out today, as we are going on a day trip to France, organised by our next door neighbours (they do it every year). We have to leave just after 6am & don't get back till nearly midnight, but apparently it is good fun. This is the first one organised by them that we have gone on.
    Anyway, I am hoping to get some Christmas presents as well as have a good day out!
  • ancasta_2
    Options
    Yorkie Lass, ive been engaged 2.5 years on friday but we've only just decided to get married. Im starting early for dress hunting as it may take my friend a fair while to make my dress and a maid of honour dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure